none
MAP database Merge error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have inventoried the MAP database using a instance name "maptoolkit".

I took all of the backups to another server, created a SQL instance called "MAPS" and created a final empty database that can be used as merge destination/target database . I used Consolidate-MAP-Databases.ps1 from CDP tool to merge the databases.

I am getting below error

Exception Message: Exception calling "Fill" with "1" argument(s): "Incorrect syntax near '-'."

Merging EIX-maps.Core_Inventory.[Devices].....Merge Failure: Exception calling "ExecuteScalar" with "0" argument(s): "Incorrect syntax near '-'."

Merge Failed.

Cannot index into a null array

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:24 PM

All replies

• Are you just trying to transfer the old DB (maptoolkit) over to your new DB instance ("MAPS")?

If so:

How can we move MAP data to a different machine?

A: To transfer MAP data to a different machine use the following steps:

1. Back up the database
      1. In the MAP application, open the Database Manager by going to File>Manage Databases…
      2. Select the database you want to backup and click the Export button
      3. Choose the location and file name to save the backup and click Save
      4. Depending on the size of the database, this may take some time because it is doing a full backup in SQL.  You will see a box pop up when the backup is complete, click OK
    2. Install MAP on the new machine
    3. Copy the database backup file to the new machine

Restore the database

1. In the MAP application, open the Database Manager by going to File>Manage Databases…
    2. Click the Import button
    3. Browse to the location of the database backup and click open
    4. Enter a name for this database and click OK
    5. Depending on the size of the database, this may take some.  You will see a box pop up when the import is complete, click OK

Note: Databases cannot be moved to a lower version of SQL Server. For example, you can't move a database from SQL Server 2012 to a MAPS instance that is less than SQL Server 2012. When you try to move a database to a previous version of SQL Server, an error will occur.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:08 PM