mouse lag RRS feed

• Question

• i have windows vista (now on sp1) and about five different mice, two of which are microsoft inellimouse explorer 3.0 (new and old)

the problem im having is that all the mice appear to lag, or just aren't very accurate on windows

it doesnt matter so much when using windows, but when you try to play for instance fps games its ridiculous because you just cant aim!

before when i had XP i didnt seem to have this problem, and if i start vista in safe mode it also doesnt seem as bad, but i dont know what could be causing this to happen

i only use the windows firewall etc, but having this on or off doesnt seem to make any difference

ive also tried turning the windows acceleration off, and addjusting the pollrate, which has helped slightly but not much

any help is appreciated

j m green
    Monday, December 15, 2008 7:51 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi,

The issue could be caused by third party mouse driver or software.

For your reference:

Which drivers get loaded in safe mode?

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-us/help/09a45f1f-c30c-4014-ba19-3818bfb2ebd91033.mspx#E6

Given the situation, I suggest you check if any third party mouse driver was installed. Then, do a Clean Boot to check if it is a software conflict.

Clean Boot

=============================

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Hope it helps.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:45 AM
  • i think it is related to another mouse that appears on the device manager list with a exclamation mark, i dont know where its come from, as i dont have any other mice plugged in

when i disable it, i get some of the mouse accuracy back, so is there any way at all to correct the error and get rid of it from device manager?
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:36 AM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for your detail information.

I suspect the issue is caused by third party mouse driver, I suggest you refer to the following document to uninstall the driver to troubleshoot the problem.

Uninstalling Drivers and Devices on Windows Vista

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/uninstall.mspx

Hope it helps.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:56 AM