Getting error 2147942453 when distributing software RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to distribute a package lets call it pkg1 (with a program named program1) and I'm getting an error in the advertisement status saying the network path cannot be found. here are the error details:

--------------------------------------------------

An error occurred while preparing to run the program for advertisement "FPM20139" ("FPM00061" - "program1"). The operating system reported error 2147942453: The network path was not found. Additional program properties:
    Command line: program1.exe /verysilent
    Working directory:
    Drive letter (? = any):

Possible cause: This message most commonly occurs when the program’s command-line executable file could not be found, when a required drive letter connection to a distribution point could not be established, or when the program is configured to use the SMS Software Installation Account but the account is not specified, could not be found, or does not have the appropriate permissions.
    Solution: Check each of the items listed above.

--------------------------------------------------

I can't seem to figure out what is wrong, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Edited by ZYANISCH Wednesday, May 19, 2010 3:48 PM typo
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 3:46 PM

Answers

• That error is "network path not found" just as listed in the error above.

So either the client couldn't resolve the name of the DP, or couldn't access it.

I'd verify those, and then make sure you have an Advanced Client Network Access account in the event the computer and logged on user can't access the DP.

Wally Mead
    Friday, May 21, 2010 7:42 PM

All replies

• See execmgr.log on the client for details. Can the name of the DP be resolved?
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 1:27 PM
  • That error is "network path not found" just as listed in the error above.

So either the client couldn't resolve the name of the DP, or couldn't access it.

I'd verify those, and then make sure you have an Advanced Client Network Access account in the event the computer and logged on user can't access the DP.

Wally Mead
    Friday, May 21, 2010 7:42 PM