none
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit v1703 deployment on Dell T7600 UEFI BIOS setup RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the issue I am running into trying to deploy a Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise v1703 CB image to a Dell Precision T7600 using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 6.3.8443.100 also known as MDTK 8443, which replaces Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Update 2 (6.3.8330.100). Using a UEFI BIOS setup

For the Out-of-box Drivers for:

WinPe I have added in the Dell WinPE 10 Driver Pack (version A04) From: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/11530.winpe-10-driver-pack

Dell Precision T7600 I have added in the Precision T7600 Windows 10 Driver Pack (version A01)

From: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/11591.precision-t7600-windows-10-driver-pack

I have the following BIOS (A06) settings setup related to the deployment: Settings>General>Boot Sequence>Boot List Options: UEFI Settings>System Configuration>AHCI Operations: AHCI Settings>System Configuration>SATA/RAID Operation: Enabled

When I try the deployment it fails and this is the information I get: Failed at the WinPe part of the MDT deployment Running action: Format and Partition (UEFI) Preparing partion 3... Step 28 out of 90

Error information: Failure Operating system deployment did not complete successfully Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005 FAILURE ( 7706 ): ERROR! Drive D: was not found! Failed to run the action: Format and Partition (UEFI) Uknown error (Error: 00001E1A: Source: Uknown) The execution of the group (Preinstall) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed Operation aborted (Error: 80004004: Source: Windows)

The fix I found for this is to change the BIOS settings from: Settings>General>Boot Sequence>Boot List Options: UEFI Settings>System Configuration>AHCI Operations: AHCI Settings>System Configuration>SATA/RAID Operation: Enabled

To: Settings>General>Boot Sequence>Boot List Options: UEFI Settings>System Configuration>AHCI Operations: ATA Settings>System Configuration>SATA/RAID Operation: Enabled

This fixed my issue, but want to be able to use the BIOS settings for Settings>System Configuration>AHCI Operations: AHCI

So far I have not been able to do this

Is there a fix to be able to use the BIOS setting?

Settings>System Configuration>AHCI Operations: AHCI

Thanks

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5:14 PM