sfb and office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I have sfb fe edge and rp, they are fine for pc users from ad. I have office 365 account with domain simn.com,now i want  all  users from this  domain of o365 to use my sfb,how to do it 

Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You might need to provide more information to get an accurate answer, but it reads like you're asking if your O365 users can sign in against your on-prem sfb servers. Users can only sign in against an on-premises Skype for Business server if they have an account in the local active directory. Cloud only identities (i.e. users that were created in O365 rather than synchronised from active directory to O365) cannot sign in against an on-premises Skype for Business server. You will need to create these account in your active directory first.

You can go on to set up a hybrid configuration between your on-premises and online solutions if desired, and split users as you see fit - but the core requirements still stand - if you want to sign in against your on-premises Skype for Business server, then you need an account in it's active directory.

If you require more guidance about hybrid configuration then you'll need to provide more information around your SIP domains, and how your handling your identities etc.

Kind regards
    Ben

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you've asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they're looking for solutions to similar problems.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by NYRX1 Monday, October 9, 2017 11:35 AM
    Sunday, September 24, 2017 5:56 PM
  • Hi NYRX1,

Based on your description, I understand that you want SFB online user could use SFB on premise service.

For this situation, you could configure SFB hybrid, hybrid connectivity between Skype for Business Server and Skype for Business Online means users of a domain, such as contoso.com, are split between using Skype for Business Server on premises and Skype for Business Online. Some of the domain users are homed on premises, and some users are homed online.

The following blog describes how to do hybrid, please refer to
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/12/23/step-by-step-skype-for-business-2015-hybrid-configuration/

Moreover, after the hybrid, you could migrate users in SFB online to SFB on premise, then SFB online accounts could use SFB server.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn689115.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 4:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You might need to provide more information to get an accurate answer, but it reads like you're asking if your O365 users can sign in against your on-prem sfb servers. Users can only sign in against an on-premises Skype for Business server if they have an account in the local active directory. Cloud only identities (i.e. users that were created in O365 rather than synchronised from active directory to O365) cannot sign in against an on-premises Skype for Business server. You will need to create these account in your active directory first.

You can go on to set up a hybrid configuration between your on-premises and online solutions if desired, and split users as you see fit - but the core requirements still stand - if you want to sign in against your on-premises Skype for Business server, then you need an account in it's active directory.

If you require more guidance about hybrid configuration then you'll need to provide more information around your SIP domains, and how your handling your identities etc.

Kind regards
    Ben

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you've asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they're looking for solutions to similar problems.

Sunday, September 24, 2017 5:56 PM
  • Hi NYRX1,

Based on your description, I understand that you want SFB online user could use SFB on premise service.

For this situation, you could configure SFB hybrid, hybrid connectivity between Skype for Business Server and Skype for Business Online means users of a domain, such as contoso.com, are split between using Skype for Business Server on premises and Skype for Business Online. Some of the domain users are homed on premises, and some users are homed online.

The following blog describes how to do hybrid, please refer to
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/12/23/step-by-step-skype-for-business-2015-hybrid-configuration/

Moreover, after the hybrid, you could migrate users in SFB online to SFB on premise, then SFB online accounts could use SFB server.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn689115.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 4:59 AM
  • Hi NYRX,

Are there any update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer because it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Friday, September 29, 2017 10:04 AM