locked
System Center 2012 R2 Client Deployment Fails - Module C:\Windows\CCM\StatusAgentProxy.dll failed to register RRS feed

  • Question

  • After a largely successful migration from System Center 2007 to System Center 2012 R2, I have several endpoint systems that refuse to install the client, either manually or via push.  We're fairly simple with setup - everything is managed on site from a single site server.  From the ccmsetup.log, client.msi.log, and event viewer logs, I've managed to come up with an error code of Product:Configuration Manager Client -- Error 1904. Module C:\Windows\CCM\StatusAgentProxy.dll failed to register.  HRESULT -2147024703.  Contact your support personnel.

    Is this something that anyone out there has seen and found a resolution for?  I've stumbled on some outdated posts from other forums that don't seem to apply in my case.  I can post the ccmsetup and client.msi log files if they'd be useful.

    Thanks in advance for any help.  

    Cheers,

    Tim

    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:11 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:56 AM
  • Thanks for this suggestion.  I've scheduled a maintenance session for this Friday with the end user and will install the update at that time.  
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:58 PM
  • No luck with the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security UpdateMicrosoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update.  I've removed all versions of MS Visual C++, installed this update, then run the client setup again with no results.  I also rebooted in between installations.

    Any other ideas?  I've got access to this machine for the whole day and will keep plugging away

    Cheers, Tim

    Friday, January 24, 2014 4:51 PM
  • The client can be a right pig to upgrade. I've had to manually remove it from several machines.

    This link helped me:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/michaelgriswold/archive/2013/01/02/manual-removal-of-the-sccm-client.aspx

     You need to remove the following

    1. SMS Agent Host Service (administrative command prompt - sc delete ccmexec)

    2. CCMSetup service (if present) (administrative command prompt - sc delete ccmsetup)

    3. \windows\ccm directory

    4. \windows\ccmsetup directory

    5. \windows\ccmcache directory

    6. \windows\smscfg.ini

    7. \windows\sms*.mif (if present)

    8. HKLM\software\Microsoft\ccm registry keys

    9. HKLM\software\Microsoft\CCMSETUP registry keys

    10. HKLM\software\Microsoft\SMS registry keys

    11. If present HKLM\software\Microsoft\CCMReset registry keys

    You may need to reboot a couple of times to complete this properly.

    After you've done it you can install the client from your DP again. If it is still failing, repeat the above and then (unsupported) download the SMS 2003 toolkit and run ccmclean from an admin command prompt with ccmclean /all

    I've only had to do the last bit once or twice when getting a sql based error.

    I hope this works!


    MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 6, MCITP x 3

    Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

    If you like trance music, please subscribe to my podcast Trancendance Podcast

    View my MCP Certifications

    Follow me on Twitter

    Friday, January 24, 2014 9:05 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestions, Brian, I have given them a try (multiple times, in fact), but still cannot get the 2012 R2 client to install.

    My results:

    Side note - I'd already run ccmsetup /uninstall which probably took care of several items to delete

    1. SMS Agent Host Service (administrative command prompt - sc delete ccmexec) - CCMEXEC not present
    2. CCMSetup service (if present) (administrative command prompt - sc delete ccmsetup) CCMSETUP deleted successfully
    3. \windows\ccm directory - Deleted
    4. \windows\ccmsetup directory - Deleted
    5. \windows\ccmcache directory - Not Present
    6. \windows\smscfg.ini - Deleted
    7. \windows\sms*.mif (if present) - Not Present
    8. HKLM\software\Microsoft\ccm registry keys - Not Present
    9. HKLM\software\Microsoft\CCMSETUP registry keys - Deleted
    10. HKLM\software\Microsoft\SMS registry keys - Deleted
    11. If present HKLM\software\Microsoft\CCMReset registry keys - Not Present

    I've also tried ccmclean /all after a couple of reboots, but despite all this, I can't get the client installed.

    There has to be something else I'm overlooking on the machines in questions (I believe there are currently 5 machines with this same error out of ~750).  I'm all ears for any thoughs.

    Cheers,

    Tim

    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:05 PM
  • I've gotten the same error on a couple of machines as well, outside of reimaging, has anyone else gotten this fixed?
    Monday, February 10, 2014 5:30 PM
  • No widespread luck here, but one of the clients with the statusagentproxy.dll errors has somehow fixed itself.  I'm trying to determine what changed but have not made progress so far.
    Monday, February 10, 2014 8:28 PM
  • Hello,

    A potential solution;

    http://www.applepie.se/configmgr-client-installation-failure


    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    • Marked as answer by Tim Messick Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:43 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:53 PM
  • I can confirm that http://www.applepie.se/configmgr-client-installation-failure has worked to resolve two of my problem machines.  I renamed the msvcr100.dll as msvcr100old.dll then copied a correct version of that file from a working machine to the non-working ones.  SCCM 2012 installed with no issues.  Thanks, Nicke!
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:45 PM