Exception after installing SP 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I installed today the newly released SP2 for PPS 2007 and updated the Monitoring and Analytics model. After that I open one of my solutions and when I select any of my reports I get this exception error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

What is causing this and how can I fix it?

Thank you in advance,

Merry Christmas,

Pedro

Saturday, December 13, 2008 10:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Pedro,

Did you re-download Dashbaord Designer after applying SP2?  If not connect to Monitoring Central and download the designer again. 

Thanks,

Aseem Nayar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:53 PM
  • Pedro Samuel,

This error indicates that you are trying to load an SSRS report in Dashboard Designer. If that is the case you need to have the reportviewer.exe installed on any machine that is using Dashboard Designer to create SSRS reports. You can find ReportViewer.exe at this location: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=CC96C246-61E5-4D9E-BB5F-416D75A1B9EF&displaylang=en

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Pedro Samuel Saturday, December 20, 2008 9:00 AM
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:25 PM
  • Thank you for the replies. I already had downloaded the last version of the dashboard designer through Monitoring Central but it didn't work either. The solution is to use the Report Viewer 2008 instead of 2005, like Jon pointed out.

Thank you. Case closed :)
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 9:00 AM