Outlook 2010 "One or more parameter values are not valid. Mail could not be sent"


  • User gets intermittent issue without above error. addresses that auto resolve with <email address> are the ones that cause the issue.
    User sends large volumes of emails and relies on auto resolve heavily so clearing auto resolve cache not an option
    Only user on network experiencing this issue
    I've tried: Pulling down a new OST file by renaming the Outlook folder/Reinstalled Office 2010/Disabled all 3rd party add ons/Scanned any PST files connected to Outlook.
    User has her GMAIL account connected to Outlook as well. Main Outlook account is Exchange 2010.
    Friday, July 19, 2013 8:24 AM


All replies

  • Found this article.

    You should check method 4 & 5

    Friday, July 19, 2013 8:39 AM
  • Sounds like your Outlook auto-complete list might be corrupt.

    Please close Outlook and use the /cleanautocompletecache startup switch. To use, press Windows key + R to open the run command then paste the following content to the blank box:

    outlook.exe /cleanautocompletecache


    Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

    Saturday, July 20, 2013 6:54 AM
  • this clears the auto complete function completely!  there is no restore from this point that I have found...

    would be good to mention that PRIOR to telling ppl to run this command...

    Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:02 PM