none
Win 8 Ent x64 Flashplayer will not work. how to make it work RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried every do this on every page I can find... There is no plugin to enable and it not matter what I do it says installed. have switched default browser to google and everything works fine.

I really want to use IE 10.  I really do not know where to post this question. since I really do not know what is the problem. Windows 8, IE 10 or what since every computer I have is windows 8 and not one of them will IE10 and Flash...

Friday, May 31, 2013 1:02 AM

Answers

• Tools>ActiveX Filtering

or

click the Icon that looks like a blue circle with a line through it in the IE address bar (desktop version)

also

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

some websites incorrectly program their flash content (script markup injection) and ActiveX filtering looks like the control is not installed to their scripts using try/catch blocks.

Tools>Manage Addons>Show All Addons, make sure the Adobe Flash components are enabled.

for consumer questions about IE select the Help>Online Support menu and follow the prompts for you IE and Windows versions. Include the addresses of any websites you are having problems with your questions.

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by Damon Zheng Friday, May 31, 2013 6:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Damon Zheng Friday, May 31, 2013 6:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by tracycaiModerator Monday, June 3, 2013 6:24 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2013 2:34 AM

All replies

• Tools>ActiveX Filtering

or

click the Icon that looks like a blue circle with a line through it in the IE address bar (desktop version)

also

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

some websites incorrectly program their flash content (script markup injection) and ActiveX filtering looks like the control is not installed to their scripts using try/catch blocks.

Tools>Manage Addons>Show All Addons, make sure the Adobe Flash components are enabled.

for consumer questions about IE select the Help>Online Support menu and follow the prompts for you IE and Windows versions. Include the addresses of any websites you are having problems with your questions.

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by Damon Zheng Friday, May 31, 2013 6:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Damon Zheng Friday, May 31, 2013 6:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by tracycaiModerator Monday, June 3, 2013 6:24 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2013 2:34 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your participation.

Internet Explorer Extension Development forum is for issues about building Activities, WebSlices and add-ons for Internet Explorer.

According to your description, we will move this thread to Internet Explorer Technet forum for better support.

Your understanding will be appreciated.

Regards,

Damon Zheng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 31, 2013 7:01 AM