none
Resource asignation related question RRS feed

• Question

• As an administrator I should be able to see who charged hours and who did not, without bother the PMs. And by automatically aprroving the hours I could wrongly impact the projects. Is there a way for me to know the hours charge without even the aproval just the hours sent by the resource?
    Monday, April 25, 2011 3:50 PM

Answers

• Devita,

Which version of the Project Server are you using?

If 2007, I guess you will find the Task Update Compliance report from EPM Report pack 2 (http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/EPMReportPack) useful.  I believe this will also work in 2010, or a new SSRS report can be written.

Description from MS:

The Task Update Compliance report allows to user to select time range to review resource task updates in Microsoft Office Project Server 2007. It is also possible for the user to filter out data by either the resource’s RBS value and/or the resource’s Team ( a Litware-specific resource custom field ). The report will indicate EPM system status for task updates for resources within the specified time period(s) and filter criteria. The report displays a chart that graphically indicates the task update states of task updates within the report’s grouping criteria as percentages. These percentages are also indicated in the table below the task update compliance chart along with more details. In additional to the percentages, the number of task updates that have been fully processed ( i.e. submitted and approved ) versus the total number of task updates for a given grouping and timesheet manager are indicated. The report’s grouping criteria may be selected by the user as either RBS or Team. The graph and charts will dynamically adjust their labels according to the selected grouping criteria. The bars of the graph may be clicked in order to navigate down to the corresponding group in the associated chart, which is a convenient feature when the graph and chart display larger amounts of data.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS Blog: http://msprojectideas.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:11 PM

All replies

• Do you use Timesheets?  If so, you could look at the data in the Timesheet Tables for each resource (possibly create an SSRS report) that will show you time that they have "submitted".  You can get the Timesheet Status as a filter/parameter for your report.
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:45 PM
  • I`m not using timesheet because I had problems with that in the past. And I have over 100 resources so checking one by one would be imposible to me.

There is no other option?

Regards

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:33 AM
  • Devita,

Which version of the Project Server are you using?

If 2007, I guess you will find the Task Update Compliance report from EPM Report pack 2 (http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/EPMReportPack) useful.  I believe this will also work in 2010, or a new SSRS report can be written.

Description from MS:

The Task Update Compliance report allows to user to select time range to review resource task updates in Microsoft Office Project Server 2007. It is also possible for the user to filter out data by either the resource’s RBS value and/or the resource’s Team ( a Litware-specific resource custom field ). The report will indicate EPM system status for task updates for resources within the specified time period(s) and filter criteria. The report displays a chart that graphically indicates the task update states of task updates within the report’s grouping criteria as percentages. These percentages are also indicated in the table below the task update compliance chart along with more details. In additional to the percentages, the number of task updates that have been fully processed ( i.e. submitted and approved ) versus the total number of task updates for a given grouping and timesheet manager are indicated. The report’s grouping criteria may be selected by the user as either RBS or Team. The graph and charts will dynamically adjust their labels according to the selected grouping criteria. The bars of the graph may be clicked in order to navigate down to the corresponding group in the associated chart, which is a convenient feature when the graph and chart display larger amounts of data.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS Blog: http://msprojectideas.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:11 PM