none
How to limit Project Sites listed in File Open/Save in Office RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Office 2013 with Project Server 2010.  In Word (same in Excel, etc), I select File, Open/Save, SharePoint and can browse through all of the project sites in Project Server.  This allows me to save (or open) a file directly to/from a project site from within the Office application.

When I do this, the list of project sites I browse through is all project sites in Project Server.  This includes those projects that are complete, canceled, etc. and there are hundreds of them.  Is it possible to filter these to include only a subset of projects, based on an attribute in Project Server?  The "Search" field in the upper right corner of the open/save dialog box doesn't seem to do anything.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

As far as I can understand, it would be about customizing the file/open window of another Office application. It could be complex development since you cannot use Project Server data to filter out project sites (since you are not in Project Server in the dialog box). I suggest at least to archive project sites and delete them once the project is finished.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Mike1388 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:17 PM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 5:51 PM