How to disable gadget toolbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I hope this is the right forum for my question. If not, please advise.

I'm looking for a way to setup certain gadget on the desktop so that users can't close it. It's going to be a common desktop (same user account) that everyone will see. On the desktop I've added certain gadgets. Each gadget shows 3 buttons when hovering mouse over the gadget (i.e. Close, Option, Drag this gadget). I'd like to make the gadget so that users are not able to close certain/all gadgets.

If you need more information, let me know.

Thanks,

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/
    Monday, October 31, 2011 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Base on my test and research, you cannot edit gadget toolbar. You can configure to disable user to install desktop gadget. But there seems no option to disallow user to close the gadget.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Parvez Akkas Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:55 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Base on my test and research, you cannot edit gadget toolbar. You can configure to disable user to install desktop gadget. But there seems no option to disallow user to close the gadget.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Parvez Akkas Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:55 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:25 AM
  • That's what I thought too, but just wanted to be sure. I wonder if its possible to edit the gadget's code or configuration that can disable the toolbar or remove the "X" button. The ".gadget" file is just a compressed zip file with it's source code...

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:55 PM