Gold competency test for Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I started to analyze tasks need to be done to prepare, test and certify an application as Microsoft Platform Ready.

I am looking for information for Gold competency test for Windows Server 2012.

I read this link http://www.microsoftplatformready.com/dashboard.aspx

Also, I read 'Requirements for Windows Server Application Certification Program."

I think there are a lot of perquisites and requirements, so I would like to know, 

1- Any recommendations before I start this process?

2- Any frequently asked questions?

3- Any common mistakes or obstacles probably found during the testing process?

4- any support contact?

• Changed type Marc Quintal Friday, January 24, 2014 10:08 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2013 8:50 AM

Answers

• I would recommend going with Certification of application for Windows Server 2012 R2 as it is now available. The process is documented on www.microsoft.com/windowsserver/isv and support is available from www.microsoftplatformready.com .  The certification program page also includes links to Technical requirements that are tested and link to a mitigation page for most frequent issues.

Allow some time  to fix issues in the application in case any are found by the test tool.  The test tool produces a comprehensive report on the Application Compatibility including a mandatory test set that are required for certification and a set of Best Practices test that, while optional for certification, provides valuable information on possible application compatibility improvements. 

Certification for Windows Server 2012 R2 also offer two new options for the Gold level competency.

• Marked as answer by Marc Quintal Friday, January 24, 2014 10:08 PM
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 7:08 PM