Drag and Drop Function Is not working in my Application After installing Windows 10 Anniversary version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I was using a application which support drag and drop functionality, after installing the Windows10 Anniversary Version we lost that functionality i was  not able to find the correct solution to fix this issue. However i found some solutions regarding drag and drop which is for windows files, i gave try thinking that it may fix my issue but it didn't.

Here what i tried: Changed the registry values to 2 which is drag and drop functionality for files, tried this for application and entire registry but no luck so if you guys can help me with this it will be very helpful thank you. 

Friday, October 28, 2016 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Mannava007,

The Windows Explorer question is just a troubleshooting idea to narrow down the issue. If it is available to drag and drop on other application, it means the issue only occurred with the application. Since the issue occurred after upgrading to Anniversary version, there may be a compatibility issue. We should confirm this with the application support.
    Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 3, 2016 8:37 AM

All replies

• Do other drag and drop work in other apps? In explorer for files etc?

What is the app? Have you contacted the app provider had a look at there site \ forum see if any help there?

Friday, October 28, 2016 11:25 PM
  • Hi Mannava007,

Is it available to drag and drop from the Windows explorer? What is the exact application you are using?

If the issue only occurred with the specific application, there may be a compatibility issue. Please try to download the latest Windows 10 compatible version from the application website.
    We could try to disable the antivirus software temporarily then check the symptom again. You`d better to contact the application support for help.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, October 31, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Hi Mr Happy,

I don't think there is any issue with the application because we are able to use the Drag and drop functionality in Remoter server which  have windows 8. i was facing this issue where i recently upgraded my OS to Windows 10 anniversary version.

Note: its a internal application which we are working on.

Monday, October 31, 2016 11:07 PM
  • Hi MeipoXu,

It is not related to Windows Explorer, This in a application after the sign in i can see the UI in a table format, where i can drag and drop the columns this functionality is working in other Operating Systems except the Windows 10 Anniversary version which i upgraded recently. I was able to use this feature in earlier version.

1) Tried Changing the registry value to 2 in entire file system to achieve the below drag and drop functionality 

0 – no action will be performed,
    1 – by default, the dragged file or folder will be copied,
    2 – the dragged object will be moved,
    4 – a shortcut will be created for the dragged file or folder.

Goto Regedit Hkey_Classes_root,Right click on the * folder select New->select Dward32-bit value it will create a new registry entry-> Right click on the new registry entry Give some name in value Name filed-> Set value Data to 2->Type REG_DWORD-> Restart the system to effect the registry changes

2) Performed the above operation in folder level for xyzAB
    3)1.       Right click the xyz shortcut to open file location.
    2.       on xyz.exe, Right click and Select Properties from the context menu.

3.       Then go to Compatibility tab.

4.       Check the check box Disable Display scaling on high DPI settings.

5.       Click Apply, Ok

6.       Restart the Computer to reflect the changes.Tried the solution which resolved the xyz DPI issue still not able to resolve the issue.

4) Tried running application as run as admin in the properties and in advanced option and before running the application dint got the expected results.

Monday, October 31, 2016 11:21 PM
  • Hi Mannava007,

The Windows Explorer question is just a troubleshooting idea to narrow down the issue. If it is available to drag and drop on other application, it means the issue only occurred with the application. Since the issue occurred after upgrading to Anniversary version, there may be a compatibility issue. We should confirm this with the application support.
    Best regards

Thursday, November 3, 2016 8:37 AM
  • Hi Meipoxu,

Thanks for your reply, I checked with application support team application is working fine on all other operating systems except Windows 10 anniversary version. Is there any Microsoft group who assists this kind of compatibility issues that i can contact directly. Instead of explaining my issue looking for a answer i can show them to get quick resolution or pointers.

thank you in adavance!!!

Regards,

Mannava

Thanks and Regards, Mannava

Friday, November 11, 2016 8:03 PM
  • Hi Mannava007,

The third party application developer should update their software to support Windows 10 anniversary version.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 14, 2016 7:58 AM