Windows Setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware - Win 10 Pro 1709 [only on sysprep] RRS feed

• Question

• So I am attempting to build an image for the company I work for and have been looking all over trying to figure this out. I have built a 1709 system for laptops as a VHD in VirtualBox. I mount and capture the VHD in powershell to a wim file allowing me to deploy via a USB flash drive using WinPE (which was built with the 1709 ADK on a 1709 host PC. This works without a sysprep, just a straight capture and apply, but when i attempt to sysprep (which it does complete an OOBE /generalize and shut down), then take a clone of the current state, then capture (via Powershell) and reapply(via WinPE) i get the message above (see title). Below is my diskpart script that i run on an apply, and below that is my apply script. Both the sysprep and non-sysprep use the same diskpart file to initialize the drive, and essentially identical apply.bat files, only difference being directory where the wim is stored. My medium for this currently is a WD Elements 1TB that i have partitioned to use 1GB for the WInPE and the rest is just space for the wim files and any supporting files, hence the disk 1 partition 2.

==========diskparti.txt============

select disk 0
    clean
    convert gpt

rem == 1. System partition (260 for 4kn drives)=====

create partition primary size=260
    format quick fs=fat32 label="System"
    assign letter="S"
    gpt attributes=0x8000000000000000

rem == 2. Microsoft Reserved (MSR) partition =======
    create partition msr size=16

rem == 3. Windows partition ========================
    create partition primary
    shrink minimum=4096
    format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    assign letter="W"

rem === 4. Recovery tools partition ================
    create partition primary
    format quick fs=NTFS label="Recovery"
    assign letter="R"
    set id="de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac"
    gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001

select disk 1
    list partition
    select partition 2
    assign letter="H"
    exit

==========end diskpart=============

==========applys.bat===========

diskpart /s diskparti.txt
    ECHO Imaging System, please stand by... 

Dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:H:\Images\SysPrep\RDNTLT.wim /Index:1 /ApplyDir:W:\

bcdboot W:\Windows /s s: /f all

md R:\Recovery\WindowsRE
    xcopy /h/i/s W:\Windows\System32\Recovery\Winre.wim R:\Recovery\WindowsRE\

W:\Windows\System32\Reagentc /Setreimage /Path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /Target W:\Windows

W:\Windows\System32\Reagentc /Info /Target W:\Windows

============end apply===========

Any idea? 

Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:40 AM