none
Graphical Indicators not appearing RRS feed

• Question

• I have graphical indicators to show task progress (late, on schedule etc) at a task level and then one set at project level to bring in the indicator. This is working in both Project and PWA for some projects but I have 2 projects which show the indicator at task level but not at project level. I have published the projects several times, waited incase there is a time delay but the field is still not populating.

Anybody have any suggestions on what I can do so the indicator appears.

Thanks

Michelle.

• Moved by Naomi N Monday, January 20, 2014 7:45 PM Perhaps a better answer here
    Monday, January 20, 2014 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Michelle,

You're asking this question in the wrong forum, this forum is meant for suggestions and feedback on the forums themselves, not individual product support.

I think your best option will be to check this support link first:

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/931

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest posting this question in the Project forums here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/home

Good luck.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,575+ strong and growing)

Monday, January 20, 2014 4:21 PM
  • Michelle --

If you open the two troubled projects, press the F9 function key to recalculate each of them.  After doing this, in each of these two projects, click Project > Project Information.  Do you see the correct project field values for these two projects in the Project Information dialog?  If so, save and publish the projects.  Now, do you see the correct indictors for these two projects in the Project Center?  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, January 20, 2014 8:35 PM
  • Hi Dale

I had already tried the F9 and re-publishing. The field does appears on the Project Information dialog and it appears at task level just can't see it at project level. If you hover over the graphical indicator at task level it matches the information at project level on the Project Information dialog field.

Any other suggestions of what I might be overlooking?

Thanks

Michelle

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:03 PM
  • Michelle --

At this point it would help if you let us know which version of Project Server you are using.  Also, please let us know if your system is patched with the latest Service Packs and Cumulative Updates for SharePoint, Project Server, and Microsoft Project.  Please let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:10 PM
  • Hi Dale

We are on 2010 for all. For Project we are using SP1 (14.0.6129.5000), not sure for the others. We upgraded to 2010 for Project Server and Project last April but haven't used the graphical indicators until now.

Thanks

Michelle 

Monday, January 27, 2014 1:55 PM
  • Michelle --

If memory serves me correctly, the problem you are having is a bug that was fixed in one of the Cumulative Updates or in Service Pack 2.  If your organization is only on SP1, you are way behind.  I would recommend that your organization get current by applying the most recent Service Packs and Cumulative Updates to see if this resolves the problem.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, January 27, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Thanks Dale, I'll speak to my manager about updating.
    Monday, January 27, 2014 2:44 PM