Using the Windows Store with a Domain joined computer RRS feed

• Question

• For a while now we've been having issues trying to install applications from the Windows store to Windows 10 workstations that are domain joined.  Particularly the Sonicwall mobile connect client.

Using the regular store and clicking on the install link, just results in Something went wrong, the error code is 0X80248014.

I've also tried to using the businessstore which adds the Sonicwall client to my private store, but when I try to install it I get "Try the download again, something happened at our end"

Does anyone know the correct procedure to install apps from the windows store to domain joined workstations?

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi megatc101,

I noticed you are using WSUS. If it is possible, please try to download from Windows Update directly.

Please ensure the following update has been installed on your WSUS.
    Update to enable WSUS support for Windows 10 feature upgrades
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/3095113

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 8, 2016 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hello,

See if this helps you:

http://www.kapilarya.com/try-again-later-something-happened-on-our-end-store-app-windows-10

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

Windows Troubleshooting & How to guides - http://www.kapilarya.com

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 1:50 AM
  • Hi megatc101,

The issue only occurred with the specific application or all the applications in the store. It is very important to troubleshoot this issue.

Did the issue occur with all the machines or the specific one? What is recorded in the Event Viewer and Windowsupdate.log(open powershell and run "get-windowsupdatelog")? Did the windows update work well(Windows store uses Windows update channel to update and download the store apps)?

Please take the following steps to have a troubleshoot.
    1.Clear the windows update cache.
     net stop wuauserv
      cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution
      ren Download Download.old
      net start wuauserv
      Restart the machine and manually check for updates again
    2.Run "wsreset" to clear the store cache.
    3.Untick all the proxy configurations. Turn off the firewall and antivirus temporarily to have a troubleshoot.

If the issue persists, please upload the windowsupdate.log to OneDrive and paste the link here. We will make a deep analysis for you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Kapil.AryaMVP Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:11 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:21 AM
  • Hi MeipoXu

Thanks for the response but the suggested solution did not work for me.  Thinking about it, I don't know how practical it would be as I'm in the UK and suggesting this type of change to my users would be akin to opening a can of worms.

• Edited by megatc101 Wednesday, April 6, 2016 10:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 9:12 PM
  • Hi Kapil

I've tried several apps and I'm not able to install any of them.

Initially when I open the Windows Store (WS) and attempt to install an app I'm offered the option of using a Microsoft account to perform the install.  As I'm using a domain joined workstation I would not expect that to work. I have to admit that I don't fully understand what rights the user logged into the store needs, or is the install performed using the credentials of the user logged into the workstation.

I normally click on the "man" icon and login with my company credentials.

As I'm a global admin in Azure AD, I login to the BusinessStore search for the app that I want, and assign myself a license. This generates an email with what appears to be a link to the app.  There are also instructions saying that I can go to "My Library" which is accessed via the "man" icon and install it from there.

Whether I click on the link in the email or select the link in my library the install fails and I've attempted this on a few workstations with the same result. The error message is, however different.

If I click on the Install icon that is displayed in the store I get the 0X80248014.  If  I attempt to install the app from the link that is displayed in my library I get "The thing you are looking for isn't here".

For the record I've tried to install the VLC and TED apps.

After attempting to install VLC the following error appears in the event log

Fault bucket 125779100483, type 5
    Event Name: WindowsUpdateFailure3
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: 10.0.10586.162
    P2: 80248014
    P3: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
    P4: Scan
    P5: 0
    P6: 1
    P7: 0
    P8: WSAcquisition
    P9: {855E8A7C-ECB4-4CA3-B045-1DFA50104289}
    P10: 0

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_10.0.10586.162_f6946aa0309688bdac135790d4f6b66c61af46_00000000_13682610

Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 0c1b13a9-fc50-11e5-8658-2016d89a8124
    Report Status: 0
    Hashed bucket: ac2f2bd744684679aaf9843ffd115d9a

here is a link to the windowsupdate.log file

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=31DA5373A7328ACA!1792&authkey=!AJDktM3If1J-SxU&ithint=file%2clog

• Edited by megatc101 Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:44 PM
  • Hi megatc101,

I noticed you are using WSUS. If it is possible, please try to download from Windows Update directly.

Please ensure the following update has been installed on your WSUS.
    Update to enable WSUS support for Windows 10 feature upgrades
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/3095113

Best regards

Friday, April 8, 2016 3:03 AM
  • !!! ISSUE SOLVED !!!

#@#!#!

We read a lot of garbage about this issue. Now we found the solution.

What is wrong ?

Check your GPO and the following setting:

BINGO!

Computer

Windows components\Windows update\Do not connect to any windows update internet locations

Even when Windows Update is configured to receive updates from an intranet update service, it will periodically retrieve information from the public Windows Update service to enable future connections to Windows Update, and other services like Microsoft Update or the Windows Store.

Enabling this policy will disable that functionality, and may cause connection to public services such as the Windows Store to stop working.

Note: This policy applies only when this PC is configured to connect to an intranet update service using the "Specify intranet Microsoft update service location" policy.

Disable that and Windows Store will work for the domain account.

mcse^4

• Edited by Alternate Wednesday, August 3, 2016 11:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alternate Wednesday, August 3, 2016 11:34 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 11:31 AM
  • In my case the Windows Store error code 0x80248014 was solved after deleting and renewing the Domain User profile.
    Sunday, March 5, 2017 3:06 PM