Error 200932: "There has been a network or file permission error. The Network connection may be lost." RRS feed

• Question

• I have a couple of users that are receiving this error message when attempting to save to a network drive.  This drive is mapped via our login script.  They can save locally and move the word document to their network drive without issue.  

Error 200932: "There has been a network or file permission error. The Network connection may be lost."

Client Machines:

• Windows 10 Ent. 1809
    • MS Office 2016 64-bit

File Server:

• Cisco UCS C240 M5 running Nutanix AOS 5.10.6 LTS
    • Nutanix Acropolis File Services (AFS) version 3.5.2

Thanks!  

Monday, January 6, 2020 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this issue occur with all Office documents?

Please save files to other network shared folder to check this issue. 

1. This issue also occurs when save to other network shared folders:

please refer to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/291156/you-receive-a-there-has-been-a-network-or-file-permission-error-the-ne

• It's recommended to save files by using a UNC path to have a check. When the users save a file, click "File" > Save or Save as. In the File name box, please type the full UNC path to the location to which you are attempting to save. For example, type a UNC path similar to the following: \\server name\share\file name.doc.
    • In addition, would you please change the method of drive's mapping instead of script?

2. This issue occurs when save to this network drive:

Please go to File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Trusted Locations, add path of this network drive to have a check.

I also would like to suggest you contact Nutanix Support to for help.

Such as whether the version of AFS cause this issue, whether the .tmp files are blocked in AFS (When Word saves the file, it first creates a .tmp file).

If you have any updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Emily 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:53 AM
  • User could save locally without issue, so I manually mapped drive and added to trust center. This did not change the result. UNC path would also have issues. I have now created a share on a Windows 2016 server and mapped that as a drive. I am letting the user test for a few days to see if the problem persists. If the issue doesn’t persist on the Windows 2016 server, then I will be led to believe there is a Nutanix issue.

Thanks,

Darren

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colours, you had better seek another flag" - Anonymous

• Edited by dsykes14 Monday, January 13, 2020 12:00 PM
    Friday, January 10, 2020 1:45 AM
  • Hi Darren,

Thanks for your response.

What are the results of the test? If you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, January 13, 2020 1:21 AM
  • Hi Emily, 

So far the test is proving that something is amiss with the Nutanix AFS... the user is currently reporting faster file operations such as opening and saving while on the 2016 server share.  I don't want to jump too quickly on this conclusion, so I am monitoring for another day.  

Thanks,

Darren

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colours, you had better seek another flag" - Anonymous

• Edited by dsykes14 Monday, January 13, 2020 12:00 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2020 11:59 AM
  • Hi Darren,

Is there any updates or question? Please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:50 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time.

Have you resolved your problem? If yes, please share it with us and mark it as answer. Your action would also help other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. It could also help close this thread.

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Emily

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 1:26 PM
  • Case opened with Nutanix.  I am waiting to see what they discover and will update this thread as soon as I have the information.  To temporarily relieve the issue, I have moved users to a Server 2016 file server using robocopy.  So far this is working...

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 3:16 PM
  • Hi,

I am looking forward to hearing good news from you~

Best Regards,

Emily

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 11:14 AM