Outlook IRM templates RRS feed

• Question

• We have 1 tenant and 2 domains in our office 365. We're able to setup one primary mailbox in outlook and load the template for that mailbox, but when we add another primary mailbox from our 2nd domain, its unable to pull up the IRM templates for that 2nd account.

We've tried to isolate the issue by adding another mailbox from a different domain and it works fine. We're able to see both templates for both mailboxes.

We're only having issues if both mailboxes loaded in an outlook profile came from the same tenant. Is this a limitation or are we missing something?

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:43 PM

All replies

• Hi ArceeMah,

Could I know whether IRM templates show correctly on the web mail for all accounts?

Does it happen to multiple Outlook clients?

We can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

Do you have third-party anti-spam software running on this PC? If yes, exit all these programs temporarily and then check the results.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 6:27 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Perry,

I have tried on multiple machines and multiple outlook profiles and the results are the same. sometimes it gets worse and breaks IRM overall not being able to download even a single template. The template works fine when used in OWA and via mail flow rules. we only have the default add-ins loaded and nothing special installed.

My theory is this. the first time the outlook tries to download the IRM template it tries to connect to the IRM server and pull the request there, but for the 2nd mailbox even with different domain is also housed on the same IRM server thus outlook does not make the 2nd request for the 2nd account. loading a different tenant means its located on a different IRM server does thus the request is made. and so far with the number of replication i made, its proving true or maybe i'm just missing a step here.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:20 PM
  • Do you use Office 365 desktop client? We could use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) to run tests to resolve many different problems. It can gather the Outlook profile configuration information that's helpful when you troubleshoot problems. For more details, please refer to this link.

I’ll see if I can find a same environment to test it here. Maybe update to you later:)

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:55 AM
    Friday, November 8, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Thanks Perry, I do use the desktop client for this. I will explore SARA and inform here if i get a breakthrough.

Friday, November 8, 2019 11:02 PM
  • Any updates with this issue? Does SARA work?
    • Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:08 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2019 8:54 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Issue Symptiom]

====================

IRM templates are not available when adding two Office 365 accounts of different domains in one profile. (We have 1 tenant and 2 domains in our office 365)

[Steps tried so far]

====================

• Open Outlook in safe mode
    • Exit all antivirus programs temporarily
    • Use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) to run tests

[Reference Link]

====================

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4098558/how-to-scan-outlook-by-using-the-sara-tool

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:12 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:12 AM