Recommend a Good *.dbx repair tool Microsoft Outlook express RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,
      This is a follow on to a previous post. Basically I reformated and reinstalled an os xp (quick format) and later found out that there were required outlook express 6.0 mail files  *.dbx on the hard drive. I have used get databack to restore the *.dbx files which was ok they seem to be the correct files going by the names of them but they were stored in temp folders temp internet files etc. So i recovered anyway and tried to import them into outlook express which will not recognise them. So I have began looking for a dbx repair tool i have tried advanced outlook express repair tool it says it recovers the messages but they are all 1 kb and nothing in them it succesifully recovered 3 messages properly. Can anyone recommend other repair tools that i could use to repair ???

Thks
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hello Emil,

Give a try to SysTools Outlook Express Recovery Software. This tool just does not allow you to repair DBX files but also recovery permanently lost emails. Even you can process multiple DBX files simultaneously and tool export these data into five different email formats: EML, MSG, RTF, DBX & PST.

Source: http://www.systoolsgroup.com/outlook-express-restore.html

Cheers
    Kelvin Howard
    Monday, November 16, 2015 9:04 AM
  • Hi,
      This is a follow on to a previous post. Basically I reformated and reinstalled an os xp (quick format) and later found out that there were required outlook express 6.0 mail files  *.dbx on the hard drive. I have used get databack to restore the *.dbx files which was ok they seem to be the correct files going by the names of them but they were stored in temp folders temp internet files etc. So i recovered anyway and tried to import them into outlook express which will not recognise them. So I have began looking for a dbx repair tool i have tried advanced outlook express repair tool it says it recovers the messages but they are all 1 kb and nothing in them it succesifully recovered 3 messages properly. Can anyone recommend other repair tools that i could use to repair ???

Thks

Go for Kernel  Outlook Express Repair software which can repair damaged dbx file instantly and provide option to save recovered items to .dbx or .eml format. DOWNLOAD HERE

• Edited by Ramps Soft Monday, April 22, 2019 7:10 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 9:17 AM
  • The DBX file is an old file for MS Outlook email that does not run an updated window. If you have any data then convert DBX file in PST format with this DBX to PST converter tool.

Visit here more info:  http://www.osttopstapp.com/dbx-to-pst.html

Saturday, November 17, 2018 11:41 AM
  • Hey 

There are many software available in the market for repair dbx file. You only have to do is you have to google search and always try the demo version of the tool so that you can have an idea about the utility.

Some of the Tool as per google search are 

• SysInfo DBX Recovery Tool
    • OEMailRecovery 
    • Aryson Technologies
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:10 AM
  • I have tried the demo version of the first tool, which was very helpful to repair .dbx files.

Thanks for the information.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 11:00 AM