none
How to stop issue with Webpage Error 403 appearing relating to a Current User filter web part? RRS feed

• Question

• We have an issue where one of our Project Server 2010 users has access to a Project and that project has an associated site with a list of Action Items.

Some details:

• Action Items are assigned to users/resources on the Project Site.
    • Current User Filter is used to filter the Action Items to display those for only the currently logged on user.
    • When the user tries to access the main page (where the above web parts exist) he gets a 403 error and can't access the page.
    • He can get to other pages on the website so the Project Site is functioning correctly.
    • I have verified it is related to the Current User Filter Web Part because once I close that web part he can access the main page without issue; adding the web part back brings back the 403 error.

Is this a bug? I have only this one user with this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:53 PM

Answers

• Does the list appear is the current user filter isn't connected to the list?

Also, the current user web part may not be needed here. If the Assigned to field is a user field, where you use the People Picker to select and resolve the person, you can use the special filter value of [Me] to filter the list based on the current user. In the view settings, set the view to Field Name Equals [Me].

The Issues list has a view that is already set up this way called My Issues. You can use that as an example.

Treb Gatte | @tgatte | http://AboutMSProject.com

• Marked as answer by cotton_gin1 Monday, June 17, 2013 5:31 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 4:56 AM

All replies

• Did you try clearning cookies and the browser cache for this person? Can anyone else logon to this machine and see the same error? Does the problem follow the user to another machine? Bugs don't usually single out a user.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:18 PM
  • The issue follows the user. I have tried their account on another computer that can access the page with a different account.

Other users that visit the site have the Current User Filter work correctly on this same person's PC without clearing cookies or cache.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:34 PM
  • Well, we have halved the possibilities. Can you provide the type of 403 error? There's usually a .N where N is an integer. Have you looked at this user's security setup? Is there anything different about this user than others? What groups is the user a member of?

Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:24 PM
  • I don't see the .N number. (screenshot below)

No, nothing different. The user would have the same setup as anyone else. This user is part of the Default Project Managers group and the Default Team Members group. I have tried this user account from my PC, which is a known working PC, and I get the same error.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:41 PM
  • The more information may have a mor specific error ID, if there's a GUID, you can perhaps find more detail in the ULS logs and also in the application event log.

Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, June 14, 2013 9:49 PM
  • Does the list appear is the current user filter isn't connected to the list?

Also, the current user web part may not be needed here. If the Assigned to field is a user field, where you use the People Picker to select and resolve the person, you can use the special filter value of [Me] to filter the list based on the current user. In the view settings, set the view to Field Name Equals [Me].

The Issues list has a view that is already set up this way called My Issues. You can use that as an example.

Treb Gatte | @tgatte | http://AboutMSProject.com

• Marked as answer by cotton_gin1 Monday, June 17, 2013 5:31 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 4:56 AM
  • Treb, I think you've found the workaround and actually the better option. This is what were looking to do with the list. We don't need the user filter after all since the People Picker was used to assign the tasks. I changed the site to that default view referencing the tasks "assigned to me".

Thanks for your suggestion and if you don't hear from me again, this was used as our resolution.

Thank you!

Monday, June 17, 2013 5:31 PM