Virtualised package can't see its own install folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've followed the instructions in the AppV 5 trial guide and sequenced and published XML notepad (and a few others).

These all appear to work fine as the application loads and functionally appear fine, however if I open a file browse window from within the client, i'm unable to see the installation folders, I need to see these for  some of my other applications and just for my sanity as I'd expect that within the virtualised application it functioned as if everything was there. 

Note, this is from within the virtual application, I was expecting to see them there.

Is this to be expected with version 5 or am I going selectively blind?

Friday, November 23, 2012 3:40 AM

All replies

• I see this behaviour as well, from both Explorer and a Command Prompt. I'm not sure why though.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, November 23, 2012 7:58 AM
  • ok, suppose in some ways that makes me feel better as i'm not going mad.

however, surely this shouldn't be the case and in fact stops me from using the tool as it would cause too much confusion for my users.

have you been able to raise this point with your contacts at microsoft?

Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:15 AM
  • I have also found that whilst I can't see the folder, if I type the path in I can navigate to it, much like a standard hidden folder.

However, showing all files & folders whether system / hidden has had no effect in helping with this as it's still not visible in the GUI?

Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:50 PM