Setting up a Cloud Server RRS feed

• Question

• Simple: I want to set up a cloud server that I can access remotely.

More Detail: I am using a spare PC at home that is running Widows Server 2012 R2 (8GB RAM, 2.6GHz Processor, 250GB HDD), I need to be able to configure it remotely (Settings and Remote Desktop), manage user credentials (I do not foresee any more than 10 people) and be able to implement restrictions (Such as Storage size, access control and file sharing between users). It will be Primary for cloud storage for me and a few friends and family (Not running a Subscription Service). I want to try keep to microsoft products but it does not matter much. I need it to have a web portal, but it should not be doing much but more than storing and sharing family photos, recipes, and videos (streaming from web portal if possible). It is a side project I am doing to learn about how it all works, but i want to hopefully see results. Obviously I have a little technical background but am still lost.

I Windows server 2012 R2 installed but I need to install and configure everything. I Know I probably need security software and everything else.

• Edited by Kenzer 161 Tuesday, December 15, 2015 2:17 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hello Kenzer,

Reading your requirements I think the costs for setting up such an environment using licensed microsoft software, will be a bit high for just personal use. You can better go for an online storage sollution such as onedrive.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:17 AM