Whiteboard pen stylus slow update rate RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the shared Whiteboard in Skype for Business 2015 with a Wacom Cintiq tablet/stylus (on Windows 7). When I use the pen in the Whiteboard application, it seems like the sampling rate being used for the stylus is far too slow. I need to write very slowly for the text to resemble what I am attempting to write; otherwise pen strokes are missed or very coarsely approximated. The problem occurs both on my screen, and on the screen of the person I am sharing it with. I am using it across a high bandwidth LAN--connection bandwidth should not be an issue.

The tablet works perfectly inking in other applications (eg, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader, etc)--it seems to be an issue with the Skype for Business Whiteboard. Is there any way to increase the update rate/sampling rate for the stylus in the whiteboard application? Is this pegged for improvement in a future release?

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:05 AM

Answers

• Apologies, it turns out it is caused by tablet settings, not SFB. So I disabled "double clicks" in the Wacom tablet control panel, and turned off flicks and disabled "enable press and hold for right clicking" in the Windows pen options (see http://www.designimage.co.uk/how-to-remove-the-annoying-windows-7-circle/). 

The issue did seem to affect SFB more than other applications. It feels like SFB is interpreting the tablet as a mouse rather than using the windows pen support. But, regardless, it's fixed.

• Marked as answer by John W77 Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:24 PM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hi John W77,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Would you please tell us did you mean that you could use the whiteboard successfully but when you write something it is very slow ?

If you could use the whiteboard successfully, the SFB server side should be fine. It seems something wrong with the SFB client side.

In order to narrow down the issue, please help me to confirm the following questions:

1.What’s you SFB client version on your tablet ?

2.Did the issue only appeared on the specific tablet ?

If the issue only appeared on the specific device, you could try to reinstall the SFB client with the latest update and test again, if the issue persists, please backup the data and try to reset your tablet.

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:45 AM
  • Apologies, it turns out it is caused by tablet settings, not SFB. So I disabled "double clicks" in the Wacom tablet control panel, and turned off flicks and disabled "enable press and hold for right clicking" in the Windows pen options (see http://www.designimage.co.uk/how-to-remove-the-annoying-windows-7-circle/). 

The issue did seem to affect SFB more than other applications. It feels like SFB is interpreting the tablet as a mouse rather than using the windows pen support. But, regardless, it's fixed.

• Marked as answer by John W77 Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:24 PM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:24 PM