none
Extended iSCSI disk creates issues with DPM storage disk RRS feed

• Question

• I am using iSCSI disks on a Hyper-V host and running DPM 2012 in a Hyper-V guest.  I extended the iSCSI disk to create additional space for DPM.  DPM was unable to use the additional space for volumes.  It reported a VPS error as follows:

Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error
    Error details: VdsError:The specified disk extent size exceeds the size of free disk space.
     (0x80042515)
    Recommended action: Retry the operation..

The disk shows up in disk management as shown in the attached picture.  The disk appears as a non-contiguous disk which is what I think the problem is.  Any idea on why expanding the iSCSI disk creates this issue?

Rob

Sunday, March 18, 2012 1:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Rob,

I had the same issue before. Taking the disk offline and then online and then rescan te disk with DPM fixed the problem for me.

Kind regards,

Bart Timmermans

Bart Timmermans | Technical Consultant at KPN Consulting
    Follow me @ My Blog | Linkedin | Twitter

Please mark as Answer, if my post answers your Question. Vote as Helpful, if it is helpful to you.

• Marked as answer by ip-rob Sunday, March 18, 2012 10:57 PM
    Sunday, March 18, 2012 1:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Rob,

I had the same issue before. Taking the disk offline and then online and then rescan te disk with DPM fixed the problem for me.

Kind regards,

Bart Timmermans

Bart Timmermans | Technical Consultant at KPN Consulting
    Follow me @ My Blog | Linkedin | Twitter

Please mark as Answer, if my post answers your Question. Vote as Helpful, if it is helpful to you.

• Marked as answer by ip-rob Sunday, March 18, 2012 10:57 PM
    Sunday, March 18, 2012 1:47 PM
  • Bart,

Your recommendation was right on the mark.  Thanks for the help!

Rob

Sunday, March 18, 2012 10:57 PM