license RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts

1 Is it possible to export the users list for which i have assigned the licenses in office365 from shell.
    i want to export for which user which license i have assigned.

2. I am using exchange hybrid environment, i was having a user in exchange on premises, i have migrated this user to cloud and have assigned office365 license. Now i have disabled this account in active directory. will Office365 license be revoked automatically or is there any time frame for this to be revoked or do i need to revoke the license manually

Friday, October 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Answers

• Hello , 

1. Please check this link and this may help you .

https://gcits.com/knowledge-base/get-office-365-users-specific-license-type-via-powershell/

2.As per my knowledge , Disabling the Active directory account will not remove the license from the user in office 365 . You have to remove the user license manually either through Office 365 Admin center console or through a powershell command .

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Saturday, October 20, 2018 11:40 AM
  • Hi Risingflight,

Agree with Nithyanandham, as a supplement, for Q1, you can refer to the following article:

View licenses and services with Office 365 PowerShell

For Q2, you can refer to the following articles to understand how to remove the user license manually from Office 365 Admin Center & Powershell:

Remove licenses from users in Office 365 for business

Remove licenses from user accounts with Office 365 PowerShell

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Niko.Cheng Monday, October 22, 2018 3:21 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, October 26, 2018 10:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Risingflight Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:13 PM
    Monday, October 22, 2018 3:18 AM
  •  Get-MSOLUser -All | % { $user=$_; $_.Licenses | Select {$user.displayname},AccountS
    Kuid } | Export-CSV "C\output.csv" -NoTypeInformation
    • Marked as answer by Risingflight Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:14 PM
    Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:14 PM

All replies

• 1.  http://bfy.tw/KS8q

2.  Licenses are revoked only if you delete the user account.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, October 19, 2018 11:26 PM
  • Hello , 

1. Please check this link and this may help you .

https://gcits.com/knowledge-base/get-office-365-users-specific-license-type-via-powershell/

2.As per my knowledge , Disabling the Active directory account will not remove the license from the user in office 365 . You have to remove the user license manually either through Office 365 Admin center console or through a powershell command .

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Saturday, October 20, 2018 11:40 AM
  • Hi Risingflight,

Agree with Nithyanandham, as a supplement, for Q1, you can refer to the following article:

View licenses and services with Office 365 PowerShell

For Q2, you can refer to the following articles to understand how to remove the user license manually from Office 365 Admin Center & Powershell:

Remove licenses from users in Office 365 for business

Remove licenses from user accounts with Office 365 PowerShell

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Niko.Cheng Monday, October 22, 2018 3:21 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, October 26, 2018 10:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Risingflight Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:13 PM
    Monday, October 22, 2018 3:18 AM
  •  Get-MSOLUser -All | % { $user=$_; $_.Licenses | Select {$user.displayname},AccountS
    Kuid } | Export-CSV "C\output.csv" -NoTypeInformation
    • Marked as answer by Risingflight Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:14 PM
    Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:14 PM