none
One drive files after being restored from backed up files in upgraded windows, giving error message for some files- corrupt, couldn't open

Question

• Hi, 

I've recently upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 enterprise. I have onedrive account with files synced to cloud, before upgrading i've backed up onedrive files locally in my computer. Some of those files can't be opened after upgrade, formats include .docx and .xlsx and .png. Most of these files were in direct onedrive main/root folder rather than in subfolders. As i can see those images in subfolders can be opened but not doc and excel files.

How can i view those files again, why have they become corrupt, what could I do in future to prevent these problems

Monday, February 22, 2016 5:20 AM

All replies

• Windows 10 issues are appropriately discussed in one of the Windows 10 IT Pro category forums.

This is a Windows XP (SP3) forum and it would be extremely unlikely you would get any useful assistance in this forum!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:19 PM