Can the Everyone Sharepoint Group be Deleted Safely? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a mandated security requirement that only the members of a specific division of the company be allowed access to SharePoint.  My understanding is that the c:0(.s|true\Everyone group in SharePoint is actually a superset of the AD Authenticated Users group.  Most users in the domain cannot be allowed access to this SharePoint instance.  Can the Everyone group be deleted from the server or site collection without causing any issues?

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 5:26 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can delete it from the Site Collection without issue.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Maruthachalam Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by s31064-ics Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:46 PM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 5:55 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can delete it from the Site Collection without issue.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Maruthachalam Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by s31064-ics Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:46 PM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 5:55 PM

• Hi s31064-ics,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 1:45 AM