none
Permanently disable read receipts

Question

• I have a user who has turned off read receipts in her mailbox. However, anytime she sends an email she gets a read receipt. I've already checked the registry key and the value is set correctly. I also created multiple hub transport rules thinking this would be the easy fix but that didn't work either.  The mail profile has been recreated and so has the Windows profile. I'm now out of options. Has this problem been reported before? Is there an update that can help resolve this issue?

We're using Exchange 2013

• Edited by EB Dee Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:50 PM update
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:46 PM

All replies

• You mean she set the client to stop asking for them? 

If so, then this is a client issue, not an Exchange one. 

Try it from another client (OWA/Mobile) and see if the problem continue.

Blog:    Twitter:   

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:51 PM
  • Yes, that is correct.  I had her try with OWA and no read receipt notice was sent back to her.  We narrowed it down to the client as well. But when her Windows profile was recreated the problem still existed.  Now I don't know what to do about this.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:53 PM
  • I would ask in the Outlook Forums. Also make sure there isnt a GPO or add-in forcing it 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlook

Blog:    Twitter:   

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:55 PM
  • Thanks. Just did that.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 3:08 PM
  • Hi,

Does this issue occur on other users?

Try to check the inbox rule in her mailbox. There is a condition 'notify me when it is read'

And try to open outlook with safe mode to check this issue.

See if this workaround will work:

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 28, 2016 2:42 AM
  • I've already tried that. That doesn't work.
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:06 PM