Server Shutdown or restart unexpectedly on date, time Event Code 6008 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

I have one HP Proliant ML350 G6 Server with RAID 1 configured. I have installed Microsoft Windows 2008 standard server OS and no other patches or roles or applications installed. I am monitoring it since last 15 days and I found that every 6/8/10/12 hours the server is restarting. I have checked event logs and found "Server Shutdown or restart unexpectedly on 31/01/2016 05:30:32 and Event Code is "6008". I have also run the HP diagnostics utility to check the hardware issue but it is showing all hardware is OK.

One thing I have monitor the server with one Hard drive for few days and I found it is working perfectly fine. No restart occurs during this time and I have monitor both the hard drive one by one in this server. This server is restarting only with both the hard drives.

Please provide your expert advice to check further troubleshoot.

Monday, February 1, 2016 7:01 AM

Answers

• One thing I have monitor the server with one Hard drive for few days and I found it is working perfectly fine. No restart occurs during this time and I have monitor both the hard drive one by one in this server. This server is restarting only with both the hard drives.

I'm not sure whether I've understood this correctly. If it's only working with one hard drive, it seems these two hard drives have compatibility issues. You might want to check with the manufacturer for the confirmation.

Also, you can try to configure your server to record dump file, then analyze the dump file with the debug software and see if we can find the cause of sever restarting:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/969028

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:29 AM