App-V 5.0 Management Console HTTP Error 503 (Service Unavailable) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my App-V 5.0 Management Console. It always result to HTTP error 503 (service unavailable). My setup is Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CU6.

I assume it's an error on the IIS. I am following the App-V 5.0 Trial Guide. In the guide, there is this step:

1.      Run the following two commands
      1.      “C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe” –ir
      2.     “C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe” -ir

When I run that though, it says that it is not supported. It says that what I should do is to use Add Roles / Features, which I did (Install Role -> Install IIS -> Install Role Services -> ASP .NET 3.5 and ASP .NET 4.5). Or does this command do a different thing from using the Add Roles / Features? 

I'm currently at a loss what to do. I check my IIS management console Application Pools and I see that "AppVManagement" is stopped. It's identity is W NetworkService. When I try to start it, it becomes stopped again.

Can anyone help me with how to solve this?

Thank you!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 4:52 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I suggest you verify the application logs, system logs to troubleshoot why your IIS service stops

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Marked as answer by WATER004 Wednesday, December 5, 2012 5:29 AM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I suggest you verify the application logs, system logs to troubleshoot why your IIS service stops

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Marked as answer by WATER004 Wednesday, December 5, 2012 5:29 AM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:22 PM
  • Hi znack thanks for replying.

I consulted the logs you said and found an error: "w3wp.exe the process was terminated due to an internal error in the .net runtime at ip". Searching the net, this seems like an error with the .NET in general.

I re-installed the OS and .NET 4.5 and reinstalled App-V server and it solved the problem.

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 5:29 AM