login trouble after sleep mode RRS feed

• Question

• when I put my laptop to sleeping mode or hibernation the keyboard and touchpad become disactivated and make login impossible unless reboot it again. is this problem from hardware or windows ?
    Saturday, February 17, 2018 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Prometheus008,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that might help.
    - Open Task Manager, press Windows key + R and type "devmgmt.msc" and press OK.
    - In Device Manager expand keyboard and right click on the driver for keyboard then select Properties.
    - Go to Power Management tab and remove the check on "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" then click OK.
    - Reboot the PC and test it again. 
    - If that doesn't work go back to Device Manager then Uninstall the keyboard driver and reboot the laptop so it would install the driver back automatically.

<section class="line tools spaceT5" style="margin:5px 0px 0px;padding:0px 10px 10px;font-size:11.96px;">

</section>

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, February 17, 2018 1:57 PM
  • Hi Prometheus008,

Firstly, do like this when LogOn screen appears:

(cf.) Make software keyboard/on-screen keyboard enabled (after compulsory reboot with hardware Power button).
      How to Use the On-Screen Keyboard on Windows 7, 8, and 10
    https://www.howtogeek.com/240288/how-to-use-the-on-screen-keyboard-on-windows-7-8-and-10/

Secondly, please try the following workarounds:

(1) System File Check:
        -- open command prompt (run cmd.exe) with Administrator privilege
        -- (in command prompt) type "sfc /scannow" and [Enter]

(2) System Repair:
        -- How to Repair a Faulty Windows Installation Without Reformatting
    https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-repair-a-faulty-windows-installation-without-reformatting/

Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:51 AM
    Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:38 AM
  • Hi,

1.Install the current software for your device and verify its configuration

2.Verify that your device is allowed to wake the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/266283/troubleshoot-problems-waking-computer-from-sleep-mode

3.Open Device Manager>right click the mouse/keyboard driver and select properties>under the power tab and check the option  Allow this device to wake the computer

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 19, 2018 4:57 AM
  • If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:45 AM