How can I get a Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Japanese version OS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

My laptop has Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS (English).  I have to download Japanese software into my laptop, and that requires my laptop to have a Japanese 32-bit OS.  Some of the Japanese software requires XP, or XP Mode, which is why I need the Windows Professional.  What would be my best option?

1.  If I need to purchase a Japanese version Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, where can I find it?  I looked through the microsoft website but could not find a Japanese OS for sale.

2.  (After reading a few threads on the forums), If I get the Windows 7 Ultimate, would I be able to change the OS language from English to Japanese, and from 64-bit to 32-bit.  Is it possible to get XP Mode on Windows Ultimate?

Thank you in advance for you help,

Tak

Monday, August 27, 2012 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You could choose the local website to purchase the local edition of Windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/ja-JP/windows/shop/windows-7/professional

If you install Windows 7 Ultimate, you can download the language pack to change the OS language. Windows XP mode is available in Windows 7 Ultimate.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Cloud_TS Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, September 3, 2012 2:14 AM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:36 AM
  • Hi,

Based on the description of this product, it states as below:

• This product includes both 32- and 64-bit versions for a single computer.

So you are right, you can get the 32-bit Windows 7, and 32-bit OS should work on 64-bit processor, because it has the 32-bit instructions.

Alex Zhao

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could choose the local website to purchase the local edition of Windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/ja-JP/windows/shop/windows-7/professional

If you install Windows 7 Ultimate, you can download the language pack to change the OS language. Windows XP mode is available in Windows 7 Ultimate.

Alex Zhao

• Edited by Cloud_TS Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:37 AM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:36 AM
  • I'll try doing that.

Thank you for the help!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:48 PM
  • Hi,

I looked at the system requirements (on an American website) for Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, and the requirement for the processor was 32-bit or 64-bit, so I think that I can install a 32-bit Windows into my 64-bit laptop, but could you please confirm that?

Also, on the link you posted, it doesn't state whether the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit.  Do I buy the installation disc from the link and choose between 32-bit and 64-bit at the time of installation?  Or do I have to get a "Japanese ver. Windows 7 Professional 32-bit" installation disc?

Thank you,

Tak

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:33 PM
  • I did some more research and it seems that Windows 7 Professional can be used for 32-bit or 64-bit, which means that "Windows 7 Professional 32-bit" probably doesn't existhttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/64-bit-support.

I guess my question now would be: When I install the "Japanese ver. Windows 7 Professional", does it automatically install the 64-bit version since my laptop is 64-bit?  Or can I choose to have it installed as 32-bit?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I did some more research again, and I found that I can choose the Custom Option during the Windows 7 installation, and go from 64-bit Windows to 32-bit Windows.  So now, I believe that I can install the Japanese ver. Windows 7 Professional as a 32-bit OS into my 64-bit computer.  Could you please confirm this part for me?

Thank you,

Tak

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

Based on the description of this product, it states as below:

• This product includes both 32- and 64-bit versions for a single computer.

So you are right, you can get the 32-bit Windows 7, and 32-bit OS should work on 64-bit processor, because it has the 32-bit instructions.

Alex Zhao

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:01 AM
  • Thank you for the response!

I'm good to go now.  I really appreciate the help!

Tak

Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:42 PM