Windows 7 Hme Premium 64-bit BSOD RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know what happened, but here is a description-

Description

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa8006c39b30, 0xfffffa8006c39e10, 0xfffff800033dc540). A dump was saved in: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 070510-44507-01.

Please help...

Lenovo G560 4GB RAM 512MB NvIdia Intel Core i3 2.16 GHz

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:02 PM

Answers

• When did the problem start - did you recently add or remove any hardware or software?

You reported details of bugcheck 0xf4 - CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION - " This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. " (In your case, the critical object was a process.)

Can you upload the FULL contents of c:\windows\minidump to your SkyDrive and provide a link?

For dealing with Blue Screens, general guidance follows:

Consider running chkdsk on all partitions.  Let chkdsk complete on each partition and see if that helps.

Also consider running SFC /SCANNOW.

Other common suggestions include ensuring drivers are up to date (including video drivers), as well as ensuring that you're  using the latest BIOS. 

Consider testing memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic or memtest86. Note that memory that passes tests is not necessarily  good memory - it just hasn't failed a test.  Consider systematically eliminating RAM from the system - run with a couple of  modules for a while, and see how things go. Then try the other modules.

If you boot into safe mode, do you still experience bugchecks? What about if you do a clean boot, or device clean boot?

It can be helpful to use Driver Verifier.  To enable Driver Verifier... start->verifier.exe->OK->Create standard settings- >Next->select driver names from a list->Next->sort by Provider->select all non-Microsoft drivers->Finish, and OK your way out  of the dialog.

Then, reboot and use the system as you normally would, and wait for a problem.  In the event that the system does not boot  completely after enabling driver verifier, boot into Safe Mode and run driver verifier, and tell it to delete the changes.

Wait for a bugcheck to occur after enabling verifier as described, and then upload it to your SkyDrive, and provide a link.

• Proposed as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by dioxide Monday, July 19, 2010 6:10 PM
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:09 PM
  • Yes, it looks to be a driver problem with the camera drivers.  Check the Lenovo site for updated drivers for the camera.  The drivers for it are stale - from before Windows 7 was released.  So they weren't tested on Win7 during development.

Also -how much space do you have free on your disk drives?

Did you enable  verifier? If so, disable it and check if you get dumps when you get the BSOD.
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, July 12, 2010 1:24 AM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 10:41 AM

All replies

• When did the problem start - did you recently add or remove any hardware or software?

You reported details of bugcheck 0xf4 - CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION - " This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. " (In your case, the critical object was a process.)

Can you upload the FULL contents of c:\windows\minidump to your SkyDrive and provide a link?

For dealing with Blue Screens, general guidance follows:

Consider running chkdsk on all partitions.  Let chkdsk complete on each partition and see if that helps.

Also consider running SFC /SCANNOW.

Other common suggestions include ensuring drivers are up to date (including video drivers), as well as ensuring that you're  using the latest BIOS. 

Consider testing memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic or memtest86. Note that memory that passes tests is not necessarily  good memory - it just hasn't failed a test.  Consider systematically eliminating RAM from the system - run with a couple of  modules for a while, and see how things go. Then try the other modules.

If you boot into safe mode, do you still experience bugchecks? What about if you do a clean boot, or device clean boot?

It can be helpful to use Driver Verifier.  To enable Driver Verifier... start->verifier.exe->OK->Create standard settings- >Next->select driver names from a list->Next->sort by Provider->select all non-Microsoft drivers->Finish, and OK your way out  of the dialog.

Then, reboot and use the system as you normally would, and wait for a problem.  In the event that the system does not boot  completely after enabling driver verifier, boot into Safe Mode and run driver verifier, and tell it to delete the changes.

Wait for a bugcheck to occur after enabling verifier as described, and then upload it to your SkyDrive, and provide a link.

• Proposed as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by dioxide Monday, July 19, 2010 6:10 PM
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:09 PM
  • Yes I did add iTunes and Fifa 2010, it started about 3-4 days ago. I suppose that "Object" was Fifa 2010 because it kept crashing. I uninstalled it yesterday and after uninstalling, Windows showed an error saying that Windows Explorer has stopped working. It was reported to the Windows Error Reporting Service. Sorry I canot upload those contents because it says that there is an error everytime I try that.

The BlueScreen came and went as fast as lightning and I could not see a single thing Except that chkdsk was working and there was some percentage..My laptop is just 1 month old. So probably no BIOS updates. I'll try to use your other methods.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:43 PM
  • The object is probably some process like csrss.exe.  The dump will hold more details.  If you're having difficulty uploading dumps from the minidump folder, copy them to a folder on your desktop, first, and then upload them from there.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 2:17 PM
  • Ok, I ran the verifier, but nothing came up, i also tried to run the disk check but it said the drive was currently in use and windows could not scan it. when i scheduled it for the next startup, nothing happened. here is the link to minidump- http://cid-c6b6d4486cbf1c2a.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Minidump?Bsrc=EMSHHM&Bpub=SN.Notifications&sa=1644173

PLEASE HELP!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 2:30 PM
  • The process that is terminating is wininit.exe.

Did you recently install something for the Lenovo Easy Camera?

Did the system come with Windows 7, or did you install Windows 7 on it?

Does the problem happen while the system is booting, or while you're using the system?

With verifier, nothing will come up, until it detects a problem.  It enables additional runtime checks, at the expense of performance.  When it detects something, it will bluescreen the system and the additional details will be in the dump.

How much space do you have free on your disk drives?

Can you use System Restore to restore your system to a point in time prior to the problem?

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 3:06 PM
  • Hi,

Additionally, please read:

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

Sincerely speaking, regarding the Blue Screen issue, it is recommended to contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:26 AM
  • solution_provider's post looks to be a duplicate of a post by poweraid, here: http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/blue-screen-problem/145978.html

Other posts by solution_provider also have been taken verbatim from various locations on the Internet - other forums and sites, etc.

I smell a bot.

Thursday, July 8, 2010 1:43 PM
  • Guys, i seem to be having a problem with the Lenovo EasyCam. I tried to use it with Skype, and it again gave me a BSOD. My Win7 HP 64-bit came pre-installed on the machine... I also tried installing the printer driver (HP F380) and after that I tried to install the driver for a USB camera.... And again there was a BlueScreen... And i am not a professional or so, because i don't know how to remove the CPU etc. There was no problem with CHKDSK too..

Please help... Is it a "Driver" problem??

Friday, July 9, 2010 9:47 AM
  • What is winit.exe??

There was something called "Lenovo Veriface Login" that came pre-installed on my computer.

It was pre-installed with Win7 HP 64-bit.

The problem comes up when I'm using it... Please check below for detailed information.

I have about 160 GB free space.

No new dump after two bsod's....

Please check below for further info.

Friday, July 9, 2010 9:55 AM
  • Wininit.exe is the Windows Start-Up Application, and it is critical to the startup of Windows.
    Friday, July 9, 2010 10:36 AM
  • Yes, it looks to be a driver problem with the camera drivers.  Check the Lenovo site for updated drivers for the camera.  The drivers for it are stale - from before Windows 7 was released.  So they weren't tested on Win7 during development.

Also -how much space do you have free on your disk drives?

Did you enable  verifier? If so, disable it and check if you get dumps when you get the BSOD.
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, July 12, 2010 1:24 AM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 10:41 AM
  • Ok. i will try to check their website.

i have about 160 GB free space on my HDD.

Yes, i did enable the verifier, but now, I have selected the option to "Delete all Settings"...

I am not getting the BSOD's on a regular basis, but only when I try to use a camera, either the Lenovo EasyCam or a USB camera...

Thanks for your help...Maybe it will work fine now... But if it does not, then I shall surely again post on this thread for help...

thank You very much guys...

Saturday, July 10, 2010 6:58 AM