Skype for Business 2015 - AudioCodes handsets take upto 15 minutes to connect after network change RRS feed

• Question

• The network team here has occasional issues with the firewall cluster, which monitors internal network and acts as a router, and they change the primary firewall server. After they flip the master firewall appliance, Skype clients on computers and smartphones will continue to make/receive calls.

The problem is with the AudioCodes endpoints. After the flip the points cannot make or receive calls, not always indicating an error. The phones can take up to 15 minutes to 'reconnect' or require a power-cycle. I assume that there is something regarding a "keep alive" message which would label the endpoints an "available" to receive a call. The ~15 minute, or reboot, is re-registering the endpoints as available.

Has anyone seen something like this, or has suggestions on what variables which I should update?

For what it's worth the phone environment is:
    95% AudioCodes 420HD
    4%   AudioCodes 440HD
    1%   AudioCodes 450HD

Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Microrock,

About this case, I suggest you could try to set the endpoints to the factory settings, then configure it again check whether fix this issue.

In addition, you could try to update the firmware of the endpoints to the latest version and check whether fix the issue.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Monday, September 17, 2018 5:57 AM
    Friday, September 14, 2018 2:49 AM
  • Hi Microrock,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Monday, September 17, 2018 5:57 AM
  • Hi,

Are the phones on a different VLAN to the SfB soft clients?

I'd suggest reviewing the firewall rules, ACLs should be bi-directional between the phones & SfB, including to the Internal Edge.

My other thought is there a provisioning server (DHCP options 66/67/160) that the phones are getting, and they can't reach it again because of ACLs?

Steve

Monday, September 17, 2018 7:48 AM
  • Hi Microrock,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:01 AM