none
Get Planned Cost(Cost) by Year by Resource Cost Type RRS feed

• Question

• What is best way to get Planned Cost(Cost) by Year by Resource Cost Type. Environment -- Project Server/Project Online.

Example: I have a project of duration 3 years(2020 to 22) and 2 Cost type resources(Labor and Travel). Have the following custom fields are at project and fill them on publish or regular interval(Job).

1. Labor Cost Year 2020   2. Labor Cost Year 2021     3. Labor Cost Year 2022

4. Travel Cost Year 2020   5. Travel Cost Year 2021     6. Travel Cost Year 2022

Can these fields to be created as Formula fields? or 

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 6:36 AM

All replies

• Likitha Komati,

You shouldn't need any custom fields or formulas to get the data you want. Simply set the timescale to show cost by year in the Task Usage view.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 4:44 PM
  • Thanks, John. Yes, its helpful for reporting purpose. 2 things here.

1. Wanted store these financial year values at custom fields because of using them at the time of Portfolio Analysis a

2 And financial year start from April to March so i think timeline view may not give this data.

Database queries or any other way to find these cost info?

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 9:31 AM
  • Likitha Komati,

The yearly data you want is timescaled data and there are no custom fields for timescaled data so if you want to store the data in custom fields you'll have to copy it manually or with some VBA.

With respect to your fiscal year starting in April, that's a simple matter of setting your Project options for a fiscal year start in April. By default, the timescale will show in fiscal years.

I can't help you with queries on the database as I don't use Project Server myself but perhaps someone else will jump in with some ideas.

Hope this helps.

John

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:49 PM