SQL Error in my SFB 2015 deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently getting the following errors when I try and attempt step 2 in From the Deployment wizard

Installing any collocated databases...
    Executing PowerShell command: Install-CSDatabase -Confirm:$false -Verbose -LocalDatabases -Report "C:\Users\"admin name"\AppData\Local\Temp\Install-CSDatabase-[2016_12_12][13_53_51].html"

Failed to find SQL Service. Make sure that SQL Server service (instance name skype archive) is installed in machine pci-hou-skype.CONTOSO.com
    Failed to find SQL Service. Make sure that SQL Server service (instance name monitoring) is installed in machine pci-hou-skype.CONTOSO.com
    Failed to find SQL Service. Make sure that SQL Server service (instance name monitoring) is installed in machine pci-hou-skype.CONTOSO.com
    Failed to find SQL Service. Make sure that SQL Server service (instance name skype archive) is installed in machine pci-hou-skype.CONTOSO.com

In googling around I came across this article 
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/4b88cb2a-41c3-427c-9a15-cfe5ed00d741/failed-to-find-sql-service?forum=lyncdeploy

Where I attempted this recommended fix in the SFB Management shell

Uninstall-CsDatabase -DatabaseType Archiving -SqlServerFqdn pci-hou-skype.contoso.com -SqlInstanceName archive -Force

I am going in circles as it also comes back with the same error with a few more details

I am at a loss for where to go from here to resolve this and complete my deployment.
    Monday, December 12, 2016 10:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Notlocalhost,

Welcome to our forum.     

The error happens because of the wrong SQL Edition for Monitoring/Archiving database. Skype for Business Server 2015 Standard Edition use SQL Server Express Edition as the database. However, Monitoring/Archiving database only support, so please refer to the following steps to solve this issue:

1. Uncheck the option of “Archiving” and “Monitoring (CDR and QoE metrics)” in Skype for business Server 2015 Topology. Or install the supported SQL Server Edition above on the Skype for Business Standard Edition or on other computer for Monitoring/Archiving database. Then choose the correct FQND and Instance for Archiving and Monitoring
    2. Publish topology again
    3. Rerun Step 1 “Install Local Configuration Store” with Skype for Business Server 2015 – Deployment Wizard
    4. Rerun Step 2 “Setup or Remove Skype for Business Server Components”

The more details could be referred by the following link:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/f851f427-84cd-4535-a83f-1e4f862d59c7/troubleshooting-fail-to-find-sql-service-make-sure-that-sql-server-service-default-instance-is?forum=lyncdeploy

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.   

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, December 19, 2016 9:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Notlocalhost Monday, December 19, 2016 2:09 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:01 AM