Trying to put multi row cells from excel in word 2010 with mail merge RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm trying to make a template here for over 1000 copies  in excel and each row has multi row(level) cells like:

1. Product one

2. Product two

3. Product three and so on..

When I try to insert the document and the mail merge tool reach multi row(level) cells it crashes and till the end of the table the column is empty. Is there a way to input properly excel file with maybe another file extension...

The template need to be something like:

Header 1

Lorem ipsum...

<<first cell>>

lorem ipsum

-----------------------

Header 1

Lorem ipsum...

1. product one

2. product two

3. product three

lorem ipsum

Thank you for your attention!

Regards,

Gitsov

--------------------

also what I forgot to write is that the cells are very long text string like:

1. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

2. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

3. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

• Edited by kGitsov Friday, January 11, 2013 3:04 PM ps
    Friday, January 11, 2013 2:53 PM

All replies

• Welcome to the Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Word forum.

Please note this forum is for general questions and feedback related to Word as they pertain to the IT Pro community. For such more basic usage questions with Word, we'd recommend you to visit the forums at Microsoft Community: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 14, 2013 5:58 AM