none
2012 R2 DPM backing up 2012 R2 on different subnet RRS feed

• Question

• I cant resolve the replica is inconsistent. WSB is installed, there is plenty of space (80GB out of 100GB is free), the firewall is disabled, and I was able to install the client from the DPM server (connectivity is good). Additionally, I was able to do a system state and BMR backup locally. No local backup jobs scheduled.

It appears to not even start transferring data. It goes to verification briefly and then back to inconsistent. It doesn't appear to get to the point of transferring data.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are doing BMR backup with DPM, you will not see any data transferred in the job details because WSB is doing the writing to the DPM replica, not the DPM agent.  If WSB is failing you can look at the backup log to see why.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 7:15 PM
  • WSB is working. I successfully did a local backup.

Im finding DPM to be rather unpolished.

Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:06 PM
  • Hi,

DPM merely take advantages of the APIs provided by the other features/applications like WSB or SharePoint and the source problem often lies in these services. 

But with some further information we can certainly help you get your protection up and running:

• When you run a consistency check from DPM-console, does it successfully start/create a job in the WSB-console? 
    • Do you see any errors or warnings in the event log on the server you are trying to protect?
    • Are you able to protect other servers with WSB from the DPM-server?

Kind Regards
    Markus

Thursday, June 11, 2015 8:21 PM