none
MDT2013 - LiteTouch - Deployment failure. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

We're running MDT2013 and litetouch deployments of Windows 8.1 in our business. It was all working fine for months with the following models.

Dell Latitude E7440
    MS Surface Pro 3
    HP Spectre XT
    Dell OptiPlex 9020 SFF

Recently Dell decommissioned the Latitude E7440 and we've started to have to procure the E7450. At first, this would not build correctly. I downloaded the drivers and placed them into "Out of box drivers/E7450" in MDT, rebuilt images and deployments commenced working fine for this model.

We're now trying to deploy back to Surface Pro 3's, HP Spectre XTs and rebuilding of old E7440's and they're now all failing with the following attached issue.

It looks to me something to do with  partitioning the disk before installing the OS. The task sequence hasn't changed (works fine for the E7450 remember) yet fails for the E7440, Spectre XT and OptiPlex 9020.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

Monday, July 13, 2015 8:38 AM

All replies

• If you aren't using the total control method of driver management I would strongly suggest it:

Total Control Driver Management

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 13, 2015 9:34 PM