none
Need Help -have a number of New win 7 machines with IE9, now find they need to run ie7 to work certain online programmes RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am a "gifted amateur" network administrator and have just added 22 new Win7/IE9/Office2010 machines to our network (to replace old XP/ie7/Office2007 Machines).  All going good until one of the online sites we use to transact business cannot be accessed as they do not support IE9

Being told for optimum perfornmance please use IE6 or 7 and allegedly it may work in compatibility view.

Users are asking me to retro the IE on the machines to IE7 but everything I read says no

HELP

Monday, November 28, 2011 10:01 AM

All replies

• one of the online sites we use to transact business cannot be accessed as they do not support IE9

Being told for optimum perfornmance please use IE6 or 7 and allegedly it may work in compatibility view.

So, what happens with Compatibility View?   If necessary you could try using the Developer Tools to either pick a different Browser Mode or Document Mode or even try spoofing a different User-Agent string.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, November 28, 2011 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

The default bowser on Windows 7 is Internet Explorer 8. So you cannot install IE 7 on Windows 7 based machine.

However, If it is necessary to use IE 7 on Windows 7 based machine, you could install IE 7 in XP mode.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Hope that helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 1:32 AM