SCCM 1602 Server restored with 1511 Insallation Media RRS feed

• Question

• Hello SCCM team,

I have an issue with following scenario:

Customer had a defect server and needed to restore it. SCCM environment with installed 1602 Version recovered from a backup with 1511 Installation media.

SCCM 1511 was installed and after that we can see in the Updating tab that 5.0.8355.1000 is installed but installed version shows 5.0.8325.1000

EasySetupPayload folder was empty, I copied the 1602 update from old server and restart services, still the same.

My question is if there is an option to fix this or we need to reinstall the server with 1602 version directly as it was on the old server?

From where we can get the 1602 installation files?

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

Cheers

Atanas Valchev

Monday, June 27, 2016 8:41 AM

Answers

• Is the 1602 media available in the cd.latest Folder?

You should actually contact Microsoft Support to fix this. Recovering a 1602 Site with anything else than a 1602 Media is not supported and your Site is definitely not in a clean state now.

Btw., if you are on ConfigMgr Current Branch, you need to make sure to backup the content of the cd.latest Folder as well, in case you need to restore the site. See: http://blog.coretech.dk/kea/configuring-backup-in-configmgr-current-branch/

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Monday, June 27, 2016 8:55 AM
  • Thanks Simon,

problem is that we don't have a 1602 Media. Customer has a backup of EasySetupPayload folder with 1602 update files but there is not setup file. Where can we download 1602 Media from? 

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:27 AM
  • You can't download the Media.

If you still have a Backup before you did the restore, check the cd.latest Folder, which should contain the 1602 media. Use that to make a proper and supported restore!

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt703293.aspx

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:36 AM
  • I'll proceed with cd.latest Media installation and will let you know.

Just to get you right, a new Installation with the cd.latest is not supported. The only purpose for cd.latest is for recovery or to install new Parent / Child Site(s), as listed on the linked TechNet Page above.

Monday, June 27, 2016 10:14 AM

All replies