Taskbar gets resized RRS feed

• Question

• When running an application that forces a drop down to Aero Basic the taskbar is resized to a minimal aspect. 

Is there a registry way to force it to stay at a given size?

The occurs when an application decides that Aero is too resource demanding, such as when viewing a bluray disk.

Since you can force it to run both Areo and bd playback, another solution would be stopping all applications from forcing this kind of switch.  Not sure how though.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In addition, I also suspect this is related to how the application is designed and I would like to share the following with you as well:

Why do some applications disable Windows Aero?

Please also check if there is a new version for Windows 7 or just try the latest version of the application to see how it works. If the issue persists, please also contact the application designer or company.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 27, 2009 10:34 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 4:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

May I know if this application is compatible with Windows 7? You may go to our Windows 7 Compatibility Center website to have a check.

At this time, please also try to run the application with Compatibility Mode:

1.     Right click on the program's shortcut or executable file and select Properties.

2.     Switch to the Compatibility tab.

3.     Check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” box.

4.     Click on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was made for and click OK.

In addition, you can also run this program by right-clicking on it and selecting “Run as Administrator” to see how it works.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, November 16, 2009 4:43 AM
  • They claim to be, but are not compatible with Aero. I can turn on windvd and play a movie, and powerdvd, and turn Aero back on while the bd apps are running. It only switches to basic because it thinks bd playback and Aero would be too much for my system to handle.

Whenever anything isn't compatible with Aero, it goes to basic, but resizes the Taskbar. I'd just like that switch to Basic and from, to not affect any other settings, like the size of the taskbar. I hate having to resize it all of the time, just because some applications don't behave well (or think they won't) with Aero.

I'm thinking a possible solution is to disable automatic switching to basic. There's no reason an application should have that kind of control anyway.
    exploring wmplayer 12 secure internet sharing
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:16 AM
  • Hi,

In addition, I also suspect this is related to how the application is designed and I would like to share the following with you as well:

Why do some applications disable Windows Aero?

Please also check if there is a new version for Windows 7 or just try the latest version of the application to see how it works. If the issue persists, please also contact the application designer or company.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 27, 2009 10:34 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 4:02 AM