SRV Server as target @ HostGator RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to set up my DNS @ HostGator, and I'd like to have full functionality for Skype, Teams, VOIP, etc.  It looks like SIP is crucial to these functions, but I'm not sure what my "target" server address should be.  Anybody know?
    Sunday, July 26, 2020 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for visiting our forum, here we mainly focus on general issues about Exchange server but your question is more related to Microsoft Teams. So I'll move your thread to the dedicated forum for Microsoft Teams.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=msteams

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding and hope your question will be resolved soon.

This Exchange Server 2016 - Mail Flow and Secure Messaging Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Lucas Liu

Exchange Server 2016 - Mail Flow and Secure Messaging Forum forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 27, 2020 2:16 AM
  • Hi MgmtbyDesign,

You can follow this article to create DNS records at Hostgator: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/dns/create-dns-records-at-hostgator?view=o365-worldwide.

After you make all of these changes at Hostgator, your domain will be set up to work with Microsoft services.

This Microsoft Online: Microsoft Team Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contacttnsf@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft Online: Microsoft Team will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:19 AM
  • Hi MgmtbyDesign,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

This Microsoft Online: Microsoft Team Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contacttnsf@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft Online: Microsoft Team will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 6:21 AM