none
Need to download Language dictionary RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to download following language dictionary

English (British)                           
    French (European)                                                                
    German                                                                        
    Italian                                                                        
    Spanish (LAM)                                                                    
    Portuguese (LAM)                                                                
    Chinese (Simplified)                                                            
    Russian          
    Polish
    Czech 

As per Fast Product Gude,except Polish, Russian, Czech and Chinese all are coming with the pack. Can any one answer me the following questions

1) Do I have to download anything for the default language dictionary, if yes what are those patches and where can I get those?

2) How do I request for Russian, Polish and Czech language Dictionary?

3) How can I download Chinese dictionary? 

Waiting for you quick response.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Pronobesh,

Regarding your questions:

1)     Do I have to download anything for the default language dictionary, if yes what are those patches and where can I get those?

This should not be needed, as the default dictionaries are already there.  There are variations such as American, Australian and British English, but I’m not sure that they are much different than the default one.  Unless there is a specific need to change it, we would recommend the default. 

2)     How do I request for Russian, Polish and Czech language Dictionary?

You would first need to be licensed to use these dictionaries.  Once licensed, customer service (fastcsrv@microsoft.com) can add these ALS packages to your account so they are available on MSConnect.  NOTE the application of any ALS package for 5.3 requires Linguistics Studio.  Some customers may experience problems with the large ALS packages such as Russian and Czech.  In this case, Microsoft recommends applying the 5.0 language packs.  These are static dictionaries, meaning they cannot be edited; however the content is the same as the 5.3 dictionaries. 

3)     How can I download Chinese dictionary? 

This is available on MSConnect.

Let us know your findings, and if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

Customer Service & Support                          Microsoft | Services

Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:23 PM