.Wav files sent to Outlook email, no sound on playback RRS feed

• Question

• So I have someone in my office that has been trying to listen to her voicemails that are being sent to her outlook. We will click on them in the inbox of the email, it will open and play. When it plays we get NO playback sound whatsoever. She works in a call center, the other call center employees can listen to the same file without any issue. I had tried making her speakers default and the headset she uses also. Neither made the sound work on the .wav file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Monday, June 5, 2017 7:20 PM

All replies

• It will be more effective if you post this in the appropriate Microsoft Office forums , https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?category=officeitpro%2Cvisio2010%2Cgrooveserveritpro

You will find a lot more people familiar with MS Office there than in this Windows 7 operating system forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, June 5, 2017 7:41 PM
  • Hi Azor,

What's your detailed Outlook version? Please click File > Account > About Outlook to collect the detailed Outlook version number.

In addition, please logon this mailbox in OWA (Outlook Web App), confirm if this .wav file can be played in OWA properly. If there is no issue in OWA, please try to save the .wav file to local computer from Outlook, then open it in Windows, confirm if it can be played.

If the issue only happens in Outlook when view the .wav attachment, please go to File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Attachment Handling, click Attachment and Document Previewers, make sure all options are checked for file previewing.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Hi Azor,

Any updates on the issue?

Regards,

Winnie Liang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 7:47 AM
  • My issue has been resolved it seems. Thank you!
    Monday, June 12, 2017 12:45 PM
  • My issue has been resolved it seems. Thank you!

Glad that the issue has been resolved.

Additionally, it is highly appreciated if you can share the solution of the issue here. Your action would be helpful for other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 10:13 AM