IRM and Office Online Products RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to activate IRM on a sharepoint library and still allow users to use the online apps to edit word and excel type documents? It seems in my testing that you can not do both.  You can view but not edit.  If this isn't possible is it a feature that is coming to the Online versions of Word and Excel soon?
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:55 PM

All replies

• That's right - this is a current limitation of SharePoint with IRM.  See this new entry we've just added to the FAQ page:

A feature I am looking for doesn’t seem to work with SharePoint protected libraries—is support for my feature planned?

Currently, SharePoint supports RMS protected documents by using IRM protected libraries, which do not support custom templates, document tracking, and some other capabilities. For more information, see the SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server section in the How Applications Support Azure Rights Management topic.

If you are interested in a specific capability that isn't yet supported, be sure to keep an eye on announcements on the RMS team blog.

Sunday, June 7, 2015 8:20 PM