performance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, i have a trouble which is about computer performance, my computer's speed is very load, i cannot handle more than two applications each time, it's difficult to continue the programm, if i continue i see a message which says "The windows is not responding" OR "the program is not responding".

Also it's takes a while to start the windows as well to shutdown, i waite 2 to 3 minute to shutdown the computer or to start the window.

i have tried a number of solution to optimize or speed up the computer these solutions include:

1. Programms and features: i remove all programm wich i have no longer need them or those program who are not very important.

2.Avast antivirus: i remove my prevouse antivirus which was "Norton antivirus " and replace to "Aavst" in order to optimize the computer, but finally i removed this antivirus and i install my prevuse antivirus (Norton).

3. i dowlaod a software called "Malwarebytes" to remove all malware viruses.

4. also i use a software called "CCleaner" which cleanes and removes all unwanted registery programs.

in general i take a number of steps but most of them did not make a big change to speed up my PC, so what is the best solutions i can do, or the best programs.

wish U all the best. 

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:04 PM

Answers

•  Hello Mohamed oscar,

What Anti Virus program came pre installed on your computer?

When you remove an Anti Virus program you don't want do you use the appropriate uninstall tool?

The reason it is important to use the program uninstall tool is to endevour to get all remnants of the program off your computer.

REMNANTS LEFT BEHIND HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CREATE INSTABILITY & TO SLOW DOWN A COMPUTER.

eg when removing Norton > http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

when removing avast > http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

What follows is "Computer Housework" that should be done on a regular basis to keep your computer running smoothly.

Check Disk.
    Defragment
    Disk Clean Up
    Temporary Files Removal

FYI
    Increase PC speed: Optimize your computer, help your PC run faster

Browsers.
    Delete non used add ons.

Make sure your windows Update is running.

All programs MUST be updated regularly.

If overclocking stop.

On a regular basis check in Task Manager/ Processes/ All Users to see what is running there.

Check in Event Viewer for errors frequently.
    Note any with a red mark in Application

Monitor regularly >Perfmon - {Task manager - resource monitor - CPU, Memory etc}

Remove any software you have evaluated and decided you don't want to keep.

If necessary
    >Run: SFC /scannow (from a command prompt) - and let it check/repair/verify your system files

Some people optimize and compact the registry.
    This makes me VERY nervous and consequently I don't.
    Re Registry Cleaners -
    Registry Cleaners are often considered to be helpful.
    Note - IMO - there is no reliable way for a third party program to know whether any particular key is invalid, redundant or neither.
    Some registry cleaners may not know for sure whether a key is still being used by Windows or what detrimental effects removing it may have.
    This has led to examples of registry cleaners causing loss of functionality and/or system instability.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:44 PM