MDT 2013 Sysprep Bugs RRS feed

• Question

• I am curious if anyone know any bugs with MDT 2013 sysprep as it relates to Windows 8.1 or any differences in sysprep from MDT to SCCM 2012 R2. Reason why I am asking is that I posted to this news group earlier today asking:

If 10 minute logon time while it goes through the screens "installing your applications ", "taking care of a few things", and "getting your apps ready" is normal when creating and capturing the image with MDT 2013. I have also done the same test simply pushing out the install.wim with SCCM 2012 and my logon times are 2-3 minutes.

I have more information and I suspect the problem is with the sysprep process with MDT 2013. What I did is I used MDT 2013 to simply create the reference system. I then used SCCM Capture Media to capture the reference machine and create the wim. Once I deployed that wim with SCCM I noticed logon times were about 1 minute. Much quicker than what I am seeing with creaeating the reference machine and capturing with MDT and then deploying with SCCM.

I know the initial logon times will take some time while the Modern Apps do get installed. I am just not sure why it is 95 percent faster when I don't capture it with MDT. That is why I think MDT with sysprep is the culprit.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Solutions Architect

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:09 PM