Pavilion tx1410us notebook PC WLAN stop working. RRS feed

• Question

• The WLAN on my Pavilion tx1410us notebook PC stop working after I tried to upgrade it to Windows 8.1. I've restored the laptop back to Vista and then upgraded to Windows 7 pro. I've downloaded all the drivers and the WLAN still is not working. When I checked Device Manager it only shows three adapters (2 Bluetooth Devices and the NVIDIA Nforce Network controller) but no WLAN adapter! Is this correct? should I have a broadcom WLAN adapter in this list of network adapters for this laptop? I plug in the Ethernet cable and the network comes up find, so there is an adapter card still working, but I need the wireless to work. Even after restoring the system all the way back to Vista the wireless network did not start working. How can I fix this problem? 
    Saturday, November 22, 2014 8:48 PM

All replies

• I think the installation of various drivers have made things complicated.

What happens if you create another user account and recheck the issue?

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Sunday, November 23, 2014 1:32 AM
  • Sengupta,

Thanks for getting back to me. As I stated earlier I reinstalled the laptop all the way back to the factory configuration with Vista as the operating system and there was still no WLAN adapter in Device manager. I updated Vista to Windows 7 pro and there was still no WLAN adapter in Device manager. Device manager under Network adapters only shows three adapters:

1. Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

2. Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

3. NVIDIA nforce Networking controller

What I really need to know, should there be a fourth WLAN adapter in Network Adapters for the Pavilion tx 1410us notebook PC, and if so which one is it? 

PS. I created a new user and there still is no wireless adapter for the new user.

Sunday, November 23, 2014 4:03 PM
  • Your computer has a physical switch on the front for the wifi. Is it on? In the picture below number 8 is the wifi switch and number 9 is the wifi light which should be blue when turned on.

Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:16 PM
  • A few things to check:

1. Is the wireless light turned on?

2.Please update the BIOS.

3.If the factory recovery fails to show WLAN then there is a possibility of failing card. In that case it will be better to get it checked by HP Hardware Support.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Monday, November 24, 2014 12:28 AM
  • The BIOS was updated and the wireless light has always turned on each time the laptop starts up, so those are not an issue. It sounds like there is a possibility the network card is defective, so I will check this out. My main concern is on YouTube some other tx 1000 owners  had the same problems I'm having an they replaced the network card and it did not fix the problem, but we will see what happens.
    Monday, November 24, 2014 3:53 PM